Chapter 16: Batman Always Knows

Batman was standing in the fun house. Joker and his "teammates" were no longer there. 

"Alfred," Batman said on his intercom. "The Joker and his gang are no longer here."

"Well sir," said Alfred on the other end. "Where do you suggest they disappeared off to?" Batman heard something. 

"Hold on Alfred," he said.  He heard a woman yell right from behind him as if she was going in for an attack. Batman immediately countered the attack and he threw the woman to the ground.

"Well," said the woman. "Is that how you treat a lady?"

"Selina," said Batman. "What are you doing here?" Catwoman got up and brushed herself off. 

"I was going to ask you the same thing," she said. 

"I'm here on business," Batman replied. 

"Same here," Catwoman said. Batman began to walk off. "If your business involves looking for the Joker, I can help you with that." Batman stopped. 

"Now why would you help me?" asked Batman. "Aren't you working with him?"

"Well," said Catwoman. "Yeah, but he plans to get rid of you, as usual, and with my scary man-friend gone, who will stop this little kitty from committing her crimes?" Batman looked at Catwoman and a small smile played on his face.

"So," Batman asked "What do you know." 

"Joker is teaming up with some others in your Best Friends List," said Catwoman. "He plans on using-" Catwoman was interrupted by someone.

"Well, well," said Trixster. "Looks like the cat's out the bag." Trixster was standing in the door way to the fun house with Prank and Narcissus by her side. 

"I told them that there was a weed in the group," said Narcissus. 

"How did you know anyway, Narci?" asked Prank Narcissus grimaced at the nickname. 

"The plants told me," he replied rolling his eyes as if it should've been obvious. "The plants know all."

"Who are you?" asked Batman. 

"He's some new mutant plant hybrid person," said Catwoman. Batman just looked at her. "He's like Ivy, whole plant controlling."

"He must have went through the same or similar transformation like Poison Ivy," said Batman. 

"Great observation Batman," said Narcissus.

"Okay enough," said Trixster. She turned toward Catwoman smiling her insane smile. "Oo, just wait 'till Papa J hear about this."

"Over my dead body," said Catwoman. She charged.

"Maybe that'll be an added bonus," said Prank. "Narci, I choose you!"

"Stop calling me that," said Narcissus angrily. He shot out one of his hands and a vine shot out and whipped Batman right in his utility belt.

"Um, Narci," said Prank. "Ya missed him."

"I know what I'm doing," replied Narcissus. Batman and Catwoman began to charge, but Narcissus acted first. His hands were shaped as if he was holding balls in both hands and he began to raise them. The ground began the rumble and shake. Two huge pod-like plants erupted from the ground and enclosed around both Batman and Catwoman. Then they were launched high off the ground. Inside the pods, vines wrapped around their legs and then the rest of their bodies and hung them upside down. Then the pods began to fill up with with liquid. Narcissus laughed.

"This should keep them contained," he said. He walked over to Batman and Catwoman. "If I were you two, I wouldn't move a muscle. My plant senses when he has dinner and when his prey moves, he drops but in his digestive acid and voila he has dinner." Narcissus laughed evilly. Then he waved his hand over the plants and the vines that bound the Cat and the Bat began to creep around the necks, but it didn't choke them. The vines spouted a huge leaf on their ends and they covered Batman and Catwoman's mouth. Then, Trixster, Prank, and Narcissus began to leave, Prank was skipping. 

"See ya never B-man," said Prank "and... C-woman?" He waved goodbye and skipped out off sight.