chapter 4

It was dark....cold.....just me in here. In this dark room

"Anna......its time anna..." I heard a small whisper "Wake up! "

My body jumped from the loud scream forcing my eyes open. I was in a new room...sound of buzzing and beeps filled my ears......

"where am I" I whispered looking around the room

"Oh Anna" I heard his voice from behind me "Why didn't you tell me of your pain, to have your period Ontop of dehydration and starvation.........I didn't know"

He hung his head low like he was going to cry...."I should have taken better care of you....If I would have lost you I wouldn't be able to deal with it"

This is sickening. The fake "love" he is showing me is making my insides turn. I just sat there looking at him with a straight face trying to not show my disgust for him. I knew if he saw it he would get angry, its best not to anger him.

I layed back down on the pillow and watched the ceiling lights flicker. My body was once again numb to any pain, it felt better this way....to not feel the pain. Its like a constant high where I cant feel and if I cant feel then I wont worry. I was scared to look at my body, scared to see the bruises I couldn't feel.

Numb.....everything numb. Was he the reason I was like this or is it my mind protecting me, either way I don't care. I just layed there with my eyes closed, listening to the sounds. Thinking........how the hell did I end up like this, why me a simple college girl....a good girl at that.

I heard a chuckle come from a far, I looked to see Conner standing in the door way with his hands pushed into his pockets. "So I see you finally fell under all the pressure. " he said walking slowly toward the edge of the bed. "You're so fragile and so tender, how could he not see you slowly breaking down........I saw it"

How could he have noticed anything, I've never seen him before yesterday.........wait.............no........the first night, was that him.

"I hope you're not thinking to hard" he chuckled.

Did my face show I was thinking?? "I think you should leave" I whispered looking down....

"Why would you think such a thing....." he replied smiling at me and getting closer "I'm the reason you are even safe......Anna he was going to just toy with you, and...

"Conner!!"

My eyes snapped toward Ben....he was holding a towel and soap in his arms, by his expression he was pissed at what his brother was about to tell me. I looked back at conner hoping he would still finish his sentence but instead he was staring at Ben with a sexy smirk on his face.

"Oh Ben....I just thought since she's never going to leave now she should know the truth"

"Shut your trap! " Ben snapped walking towards his brother

"Ben......I'm not like her, I don't sit in fear of you"

That ass.....I don't sit in fear...I don't feel it....I don't feel anything anymore.

"Get out you little bastard! " Ben shouted snatching conner out the door by his arm. Conner yanked out of his grip and brushed off his arm..."I believe I can guide myself from hear" he said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I watched Ben shut the door and sigh with his head down. He walked to the foot of my bed and placed down the towel and soap.

"I'm sorry for that idiot of a brother....don't pay any mind to him hes just trying to fill your head"

How do I know that whatever he was going to say wasn't true. Ben is the guy who took me and kept me locked in a dark room with little food and water and raped me everyday.....The more I think about it the more filth I felt on me....Ben is the reason for the scars on my leg...the deep cuts he put just to hear me scream and pleasure his sick mind. Maybe what conner was going to say was what my fate would actually be right now....