Chapter 5: "Fairytales"

"Ryan? Really?" Justin spat.

The gaze Justin was locking with her never broke. He didn't even flinch at the pain he was suffering from in every bone in his body. Elena's heart dropped to the ground at the sight of the injured blond boy.

"What the hell happened to you?" She took a repentant step closer as the bruises were elucidating when she turned the lights on. Justin didn't bother to turn back or make a foreseen reaction. He strolled to the refrigerator aiming for a frosted bottle of beer.

"Nothing happened. I'm perfectly fine." He said the back of his head facing her. "Just got into a small fight."

Elena shook her head and made her way to the freezer searching for a bag of frozen peas. When she grabbed a handful of one, Justin was already sitting on the sink and consuming the light alcohol.

"Kylie's brother right?" She inquired although the answer was already clear. She was carefully placing the bag on his mauve sensitive skin, when Justin immediately towed back with sting.

Noting the injures in his eyes, aside from the physical ones, Elena furrowed her eyebrows when he gave her a quick glare jumping off the sink to drink his beer tranquilly staring out the window.

"You would have known if you bothered to check your phone." Still gawking through the endless meadows outside the dorm, he took another sip then glanced one more time.

Elena had completely forgotten about her phone on silent thrown on her bed. She had been too caught up with Ryan it seemed foolish to think about anything else for the matter.

"I was busy." She sighed drifting her gaze to her playing fingers. Even though she had the right to have some quiet time, it was her job to keep checking on her friend especially since he has been missing since morning.

"You know I don't get it. When you said you're going to bang Ryan in the party I thought you were joking." He snapped narrowing his eyes on her embarrassed features.

He had been watching them, otherwise it wouldn't have been that effortless to find him standing inside when Ryan has just departed. Even if he was hurt for being ignored for a short moment, he had no right to make fun of them or take their relationship for granted.

"I was joking but that doesn't mean I don't like him." Elena retorted and approached a little bit closer focusing on the bruises one last time. "What are those?" He finger traced down the continual red cut on his forearm.

"Oh.. So in one night you BAM liked him and then BAM he stuck his tongue in your throat." Justin was waving the bottle around him like a drunk man Elena was beginning to worry. The way he moved and stared without focusing ahead of him could lead them both into trouble. "From what I saw he's not that bad. But I'm better." He added that last line, an annoying smirk forming on his reddish lips.

"I liked him since the first day of school and he happened to like me back." The words were flooding out like rivers when it came to defending Ryan. If he couldn't take it that she finally found someone to hold on to, someone real... that was his problem not hers to take.

Justin rolled his caramel eyes drinking a mouthful of what was left of the beer before carefully placing it down on the counter.

"Anyway, I don't want to hear about your fairytales." He added, when his slumping body stumbled for the door. Her hand immediately caught up with him feeling the rage travel through her bones like she had never felt before. At least not with Justin.

"Fairytales?!"

"Yes. Fairytales. Honey, all the girls want the D. Ryan lives in the fantasy romantic world. He needs to wake up." The insensitive hurtful side of Justin was pouring out at once. That rarely happened unless he was a true mess or was passing through a depressive hard time.

Elena withdrew her touch back at those words a little twinge in her heart forming.

"Of course all the bitches you fuck want the D, but you should know me better, I'm not like them." Her fist clenched, her fingernails were prodding against the skin of her palm regardless of the possibility of bleeding.

"C'mon it's not like you never dreamt of me naked or banged me in your fantasies." He yanked her chin looking straight into her eyes, when she stood still emotionless. This was not a situation she was going to give him satisfaction in; particularly, that his actions remained arcane.

Her arms rose on a snail's pace to create a distance between their colliding bodies. Justin didn't leave her a choice. Even as an injured bird, he was stronger than her. Shoving her back to the stove, her heart was thumping faster with the steps he decided to take towards her breaking the vastness she was craving to create between them.

"Can you stop already?" She hissed biting the inside of her cheek.

"Admit it." He insisted slowly intertwining his fingers between hers, and tugging her closer, his waist was brushing against hers. Touching never was a problem between them, they were best friends, even Justin has seen Elena naked a few times, of course accidentally, but that didn't stop her mind of going nuts with the shameful thoughts when his chin scarcely skirmished the redness on her cheeks.

"No." She finally managed to let out as she pushed him with all the force she could gather backwards. He didn't have the right to come that close and touch her this way. He wouldn't.

Justin didn't react, hold her hand or even forced himself back. The moment he got rejected vehemently, his hand reached for the empty beer bottle as swung it callously to the wall on Elena's right. It felt like ages has passed when she gained her conscious back to see the shattered glass splattered in small pieces all over the kitchen floor.

Justin has already strolled outside the door.

@Viralirry                                            @StatfordsWonder 

-Thank you for the votes and comments! Keep that up we really appreciate your opinion, and the votes keep us going! -