Chapter 7: "Kiss me like you wanna be loved"

A bit of hairspray wouldn’t hurt.

Elena sprayed some of her concealed for emergency hairspray over her blond straightened hair. It has been quite a while since the last time she had dressed up like that. For what it mattered, tonight was the double date and for some reason a little voice in her head was telling her that something either bad or good was about to happen.

Maybe both.

By her hairbrush, her cell phone buzzed.

Be there in two. –J

Elena’s hands reached out for her iPod rummaging through her playlist. There must be some romantic songs left there. Kiss me by Ed Sheeran caught her attention. That song took a strong part of her life listening to it every day about five times, it got to a point where she assigned it to be Justin’s ringtone since his calls were pretty numerous.

The doorbell rung by the time she finished spraying Channel 5 over her strapless dress.

Justin’s eyes sparkled at the sight of her. He lifted his hair in a high neat quiff, and put on one of his nicest tuxedos. It has been some time since she has last seen him so elegant. His date must mean something special to him.

A gulp formed in her throat.

Haven't seen you that fancy since our last prom.” Justin smirked scanning her body from head to toe.

Which I rocked by the way.” Elena added and laughed moving aside to leave a space for her best friend to enter. The word best friend just seemed a bit lame at the moment.

You wouldn't have caught that much attention if I wasn't your date.” He pointed out strolling inside.

Touché.

As much as she hated to admit what he just said, it was true. Justin had always been the guy every girl struggled to take as a date to prom though he insisted on taking her. She still doesn’t know why.

Humble as usual.” She rolled her eyes. “Anyways, you ready to slow dance Mr. trying-to-be-serious-for-once?

Justin raised an eyebrow and nodded sighing.

"What did I say wrong? She wondered but kept her mouth shut. As she was scrolling down the list of songs, Justin took a seat on the sofa, and for her surprise said something she didn’t expect.

Yes, actually I am.

Elena didn’t respond, she just tapped on kiss me and walked toward him on the couch. A split of a second later, he was snickering, his eyes focused on the ground.

Why are you laughing?

Nothing, it’s just I remembered something funny.” He drifted his gaze towards her.

It had to be a memory. She knew this amused look on his face so well she could tell how many times he reminded her of embarrassing moments he simply remembered whenever he laughed that way.

And what is it?” She insisted towering over him until he caught her hand and bounced her to sit next to him on the couch.

I remember how jealous you were when I got my first kiss.” He wet his lips still trying to hide his laugh but failed at the sight of her narrowing her eyes.

I can't believe you made me kiss you!” She shouted in process nudging him.

“I didn't make you; you just wouldn't shut up until I agreed to be your first!” He shouted laughing louder.