ix. re·un·ion

an instance of two or more people coming together again after a period of separation

• • •

It was hard for the Arizona clouds to bring down Julian's mood at practice. With the news that he would get to see his wife for the first time in over a week, the smile on his face seemed permanent. And nobody was complaining about it. Their wide receiver hadn't been himself since the accident, and it was refreshing to have him back.

"Nice route Edelman!" Bill Belichick shouted from the sideline

"Nice route Edelman!" Bill Belichick shouted from the sideline. Julian was running his routes perfectly, and it pushed everyone to work harder. The usually grumpy coach even caught some of Julian's contagious joy. They didn't know if it was because the whole team was finally in attendance at practice or if it was because of Julian's attitude, but they were thankful.

The Arizona sun was starting to peek out from behind the clouds, threatening to blind anyone that looked up into it. "Hit the showers boys. Good practice," Belichick said in his low voice. The man was happy but his voice made it sounds like it was painful to talk louder than a grumble. Julian began walking off the practice field with his teammates. "Edelman, come back here," Belichick grumbled. Julian turned around and jogged back to the coach.

"Yeah, coach?" Julian asked, his smile still wide despite all the running that they did at practice.

"Any news?" Belichick asked, not making eye contact with Julian while he kicked a loose rock on the field.

"She's flying out here today. They have this plan to get her to remember me so I get to see her today," Julian explained. His heartbeat quickened the more he talked about seeing Mara. He was feeling a mixture of anxiety and excitement.

"I'm glad to hear it. I was hoping you heard something. I'm happy you're back out here on the field, we need you out here," Belichick said.

"Thanks Coach. It's good to be back," Julian answered. Coach Belichick waved his hand dismissing Julian from the conversation. He made his way to the locker room, where most of his teammates already left.

Julian began unlacing his cleat when he heard his phone ringing again. His heart skipped a beat as he began aimlessly digging for it. At the bottom of his duffle bag sat his phone, lighting up with Dr. Carey's number. Julian quickly pressed answer, making sure he didn't miss the call. "Hello Dr. Carey," he greeted the man on the other line. Tom peaked his head up from his bag and intently listened to Julian.

"Mr. Edelman, I thought we could go over a few ground rules before Ms. Mara comes to see you," Dr. Carey groaned into the phone. Julian could hear crumpling in the background of the phone. Julian rolled his eyes when he said Ms. Mara. She was still married, whether she remembered it or not.