Chapter Eight- Questioning and Trials

** Stephanie's POV **

Kennedy and me woke up to my house phone ringing. The caller I.D said Sherallsville Downtown Police Station, so I answered.

"Hello." I said.

"Hello, Is this Miss. Johnes." said Office Pete, I could tell it was him by his voice.

"Yes sir, it is, is there a problem." I asked.

" Actually, there is on top of the Stacie thing, it's about your foster parents. On there way home last night they were killed in a car wreck, they collided into a semi and killed instantly, and Along with Kennedy's parents they were in a collision with a different semi. I'm sorry for ya'lls lose. I'll be over in about an hour to talk to you about Stacie." He said.

And by that time, Kennedy walked in the room and fell on the floor crying, she heard the conversation because I had it on speaker phone while I folded the laundry. I went to comfort her right after, I told Officer Pete "Ok i'll see ya soon."

I walked over to Kennedy and helped her up and walked her to the couch, we were both crushed, I wasn't as much as Kennedy, because she was close to her parents, I wasn't all that close to my foster parents. But it hurt to know I would never see them again.

** Kennedy's POV **

I walked into the living room to hear Stephanie on the phone with Officer Pete, it was on speaker so I could hear what he was saying. Then I heard him say that my parents along with Stephanie's foster parents collided into semi's last night, I fell on the floor crying. Stephanie came over and helped me up and walked me to the couch. About 30 minutes later I stopped crying and went up stairs to get ready, Officer Pete will be here in half an hour. I washed up put on jeans and a tank top, While I was getting ready Stephanie cooked me breakfest, pancakes and bacon my favorite, when I got done eating I heard the door bell ring and it was Officer Pete and his partner Sheriff Dereck. He was tall, muscular, and tanned. With blonde hair and blue eyes.

" Hello Office, Sheriff. " Kennedy and I greeted them.

" Ladies." Said Sherrif Derek.

"We are so sorry for your loses, you both inherited your parents funds, house, money, everything." said Officer Pete.

"It's ok, and ok thanks for the information." Kennedy said.

"May we come in to discuss, Stacie." He asked. I shook my head yes.

" So, what happened two nights ago at the diner." He asked.

"Well we were on our date, When she came in and punched Kennedy in the face and started yelling at us and thrn the waitress call the cops, Stacie left, and the waitress told us we could leave so we did." I said.

" Hmmm, now what about last night Miss. Shone's?" He asked.

" Well I was in Stephanie's room getting ready when, I turned around and saw Stacie and she punched me and we started fighting and then ya'll camein and pulled her off me." Kennedy said.

"Thank you girls, I have all I need for her trial tomorrow, I need you both there to testify at 6am." Said Officer Pete.

"Yes, Sir we will be there." I said and with that he left.

** The Next Morning **

It was 10am and Kennedy and I were protesting against Stacie, we've been here since 6am and we've told our stories 6 times and so far all thats happened thats been exciting is Stacie jumping out of her seat and trying to choke me and yelling you ruined my life. Half an hour later the judge sentenced Stacie to a year of juvenile detention. Her parents were sobbing, like they really cared there always gone on buisness trips. Kennedy and I finally got out of there around 11am after we sighed some papers saying we were the victims of Stacie Barns.

Kennedy and I got in our truck just wondering what kind of road is ahead of us??

*

*

*

- Important Author's Note -

This is the last chapter of this book, BUT HOLD YOU GASPS, there will be a sequel. Words Can Hurts Book 2 ( Return Of Stacie Barns). Plz read it.

Shout out to all my Fans ya'll have kept this book alive.

- Jaclyn ( see yall in the next book)