dont start assuming

"yeah" she said "there you are" i felt so stupid. there was an awkward silence that seemed to last forever. i cleared my throat "you ha something to tell me?"
"yeah um i was just wondering if ..." then the bell rang "if i could see your schedule" that wasn't was she was going to ask and i knew it, but it didn't really bother me. that much. "sure" i handed her the folded piece of paper and sat down. Mrs. Moore started calling role and putting together a seating chart that she said would be active next class. I was very surprised when she put me and my best friend Ty together, assuming that she had read the commentary from our teachers last year. Then i realized that he wasn't even there. i returned to studying and thinking about all that had happened that summer.
As i was in a daze, Ty busted in the room telling the teacher some lame excuse of why he was late and his dog or something. i always loved that about Ty. He didn't care who heard what he said or what people thought of him as long as they weren't trying to kill him. i laughed at the thought of all the lies i saw right through and i think that's why we were so close. he couldn't lie to me. he just couldn't. he plopped down next to me and let out a sigh.
"this is bullshit"
"calm down its the first day. and i don't know about you being late because of that damn truck"
"how the hell do you know?"
i chuckled. i couldn't help it. "that truck has been rolled over twice. you haven't driven it since....the accident" i said with a cheesy dramatic voice like it was a big deal. which for Tyler, it was.
"would you keep it down? what are your classes"
i motioned my eyebrows at Joslyn. "she asked first"
"since when are you two buddies?" he said. i could sense the annoyance in his voice.
"im not sure, she just started talking to me this morning. did you know her and james are done?"
"no shit." he said, suprised, but not caring.
"yeah"
"just dont start assuming."
"assuming what?" he was still annoyed
"that she likes you."
for some reason i got pissed. we didnt talk the rest of class.