morning

"I want my cake, and I want to eat it too."
-------

present day— two years later

Salome felt the heat of Hector's body against her own before she felt anything else. He was asleep. Snoring softly, with his hair unkemptly arranged as he protected her with one strong arm.

She looked at his alarm clock and cursed. Already, she was late for school. She hated school. She always complained to him about how she wanted to drop out, but he wouldn't let her; he threatened that if she dropped out, he'd leave her. And, of course, she didn't want that. She needed him.

She kissed his nose before taking his arm, which had been slung around her bare waist, and pushing it off. Hector groaned. "Linda, where do you think you're going?"

Salome opened his drawer and pulled out the school uniform she kept at his place, in the event of things like this happening. She spoke. "School."

"Mierda." Hector opened his eyes. "I thought today was Saturday."

"It's Friday." She mumbled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I'm going to go shower."

"I'll join you."

Salome looked at him before the corners of her lips turned up into a smirk. He smirked back, and she chuckled. "None of that this morning, Hector. I have a test that I can't miss and I want to get to school in time for it."

Hector smiled more. "Fine. I'll go make you breakfast, or something."

Hector stood up and pulled on a pair of sweats before running his fingers through his hair a few times. He'd been dating Salome, exclusively, for just a few months. They'd been messing around for at least two years, though when he'd discovered her real age, they were forced to take a  long break. He felt disgusting, after all. Wrong. Morbid, or something. All in all, they'd been a shamelessly engaged in one another for probably a year.

Salome came down the stairs minutes later, tugging uncomfortably at her plaid skirt as she held her backpack, which was half open. Hector stared at her. "There's no point in rushing yourself...you're already late. I just called and told the school."

Salome rolled her eyes. Hector, if necessary, would call the secretary of her school and say he was her uncle and then state that she was "sick" or would be late because of a "doctor's appointment".

"What's for breakfast?" The seventeen year old—as of a week ago, that is—plopped on the stool that sat in the kitchen island, smirking at the perfect view of a shirtless, tattooed Hector.

"I came down here and realized that I suck at cooking." He responded, with a smile. Salome smiled more. "So, how does a bagel sound?"

"I'll have a banana." She grabbed the fruit and unpeeled it, looking up at Hector. Her face was bare and free of makeup, which had to have been why he was staring at her so observantly. She groaned. "I know, I look terrible without it."

Hector shook his head, quickly. "No, I was just thinking that you look beautiful. You should go natural more often, it's a good look."

Salome tucked her hair behind her ear and pulled out her English textbook and a sheet of paper. "I forgot to do my English homework."

Hector sighed. "Try to do it quick, yeah? I have training soon."

Salome watched as he sat in his chair and then stood and made her way to him, sliding into his lap to avoid the sun from piercing her eyes, which is what had been happening in her previous seat. Hector's lips parted out of surprise as she did so, but he wasn't complaining as he sat up and instantly placed his hands on her bare thighs, guiding them under the material of her thick plaid skirt.