suggestive

"I don't know why
I get so high off of life."
-----

Salome found herself escaping to Hector's place on Sunday night, the moment her mother was too drunk to function and her brother finally disappeared into the streets of London. Hector wasn't home yet, so she stripped down and then climbed into his comfortable bed, choosing to take a nap in peace.

When she woke up, it was because he was climbing next to her in the bed; exhausted. Salome watched him collapse onto the pillow before closing his eyes and letting out a breath, then turn to her as he spoke. "Hey."

"Hi." She mumbled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "You know, I saw you on TV. My mom thinks you're cute."

Hector smiled. "Did you tell her about us?"

"Of course not." She sighed and turned to stare at the ceiling. Hector's smile faltered.

"Oh."

"I was just staring really hard, that's all. You look so hot when you're in action, all sweaty and stuff." She playfully nudged him, smiling as he placed a hand on her thigh and spoke.

"Well, you know, football isn't the only way to get me like that." Hector smirked.

Salome pushed his freshly cut hair out of his eyes and left her fingers in his hair before brushing her lips against his in a sweet kiss, filled with longing due to the absence of contact for only two days. She pressed her forehead against his. "Really?"

Hector moved on top of her before she could blink. Salome giggled, allowing him to take her hands and pin them on either side of her head with his own. "Really."

Salome smiled and turned her head to the side as his lips assaulted her neck, hungrily, but then spoke. "Wait a second."

"What's wrong?"

"Have you ever been tested for..." She blushed. "ST...STI's? STDs? One of those things, I can't really remember. I couldn't understand the doctor very well."

Hector frowned. "When did you go to a doctor?"

"My mom forced me to get the pill." She jutted her lip out a little, causing Hector's face to glow with delight.

"This might just be the best news I've heard all weekend. Don't you know what this means, Salome?" Excitedly, he removed his shirt, then pressed his body to hers as she spoke.

"Going in raw really isn't that much of a thrill, Hector." She scoffed a little. "This just means that you have a better chance of making me reach an—"

Hector's cell phone interrupted Salome's words, causing him to curse and grab it. "Hello?"

Salome watched with curiosity as Hector spoke in English, evidently to a friend or a teammate. Maybe even a woman, but Salome wouldn't dare to think that way as she wrapped her arms tight around his shoulders and tilted her head up towards his, causing his lips to brush against hers anytime he spoke.

"No, I'm kind of busy right now, mate." He stared down at Salome and messed around with her hair as he spoke. "Alright, Calum, you can come over, but make it quick." Hector rolled his eyes and rolled off of Salome. "See you." He hung up before grabbing a shirt and throwing it on, causing Salome to sit up.

"What was that all about?"

"Calum claims that he 'left his business phone' at my place." Hector air quoted a few of his words, causing his curious girlfriend to speak.

"What, you don't believe him?"

"I just don't see why he had to choose the most inconvenient time of the night to call and let me know." Hector rolled his eyes and pulled the duvet off of Salome's body, covered in only underwear and a bra.

Salome sat up. "Should I go home?"

"What? No...just stay in here." Hector bit his lip. "Calum will be here in—" The doorbell rang, causing Hector to sigh. "Now, apparently."

Salome watched as he stood and exited his room, then glanced around. What had once been the strong urge to sleep with Hector somehow converted itself into the strong urge to use the toilet; quickly, she stood and, mindlessly, grabbed one of Hector's shirts and made her way to the restroom.

Which was, just her luck, being used—by none other than Calum, of course—and Salome found herself more than flustered as she watched the tall footballer exit. Calum paused, surprised. "Salome, I didn't—"

"Shh." She put a finger to her lips, not wanting Hector to grow upset. "Hi, Calum."

He rose and eyebrow and glanced around. "Why are we whispering?"

"Hector gets mad jealous, silly. He'd have a fit if he saw me talking to you." She smiled a little. "Has anyone ever told you that you could be a model?"

Calum found himself much more distracted by how scantily clad she was than he was her words, discreetly flirtatious, but he smirked slightly. "Has anyone ever told you that?"

Salome's thick accent rung out. "Of course not."

Calum chuckled. "Well, I'll admit it...I can't say the same."

"Cheeky bastard." Salome stepped past him, nudging him in the process. "It was nice seeing you." She reached the doorframe of the bathroom and turned to face Calum, a sultry smile playing her lips—and unintentionally, at that—it was merely just the way her genuine smiles appeared.

If only, however, Calum had known that. He nodded and watched as Salome closed the door to the bathroom before letting out a breath and sauntering back to Hector, who stood with an iPhone in hand. How did he manage to score himself someone like her? She seemed like trouble. He loved the idea of it.

Hector placed the phone in Calum's hands. "What took you so long?"

"That wasn't long at all. It was three minutes, tops." Calum took the phone and slid it in his pocket. "Thanks, mate. Tell me, where's that fit girl of yours?"

Hector rolled his eyes. "Salome. She's not here." He lied, causing Calum to grin, slyly. Clearly, Hector saw him as some kind of threat. Had Salome done something? Maybe she moaned his name while she and Hector was shagging. The idea of it almost cracked Calum up.

"Does she have any friends? Any sisters? The desire to break up with you and try someone new—"

"Oh, you're hilarious." Hector grinned, moved to the door of his house, and opened it. "Remember, mate, I'm busy."

"Right." Calum made his way outside, breathing in the London air. "See you later, then." Hopefully your hot girlfriend is with you, too. Calum sighed. He was, all in all, a terrible friend.

Hector nodded and waved, barely, before speaking. "Goodbye, Calum."