training

"who's gonna catch me
when i fall?"
-----

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Hector propped himself up on his elbow as he stared down at Salome, who lay staring at the ceiling.

"Yes. It's just a dance, Hector." Salome rolled her eyes. "Not the end of the world."

"Yeah, but..." Hector grunted. "I don't like the idea of other guys touching you."

"He's not going to touch me." Salome shifted her gaze to his. "Not the way you do."

Hector frowned. "Are you sure?"

"Well, I won't let him if he intends to. He's not that cute."

"So you think he's somewhat attractive?" Hector widened his eyes. "What does he look like?"

Salome sighed. "He has dreamy blue eyes, and shiny blonde hair—"

Hector groaned. "I hate him already."

Salome laughed. "I'm just playing. Well, he does have those things, but..." She paused. "He doesn't stand a chance against you."

Hector smiled. "So, are you skipping today?"

"Mierda...it's Friday, I completely forgot." Salome sighed. It was already noon, so did she really have a choice? "You know, I really want to drop out."

Hector frowned. "I know. You've told me that, millions of times."

Salome sat up, her hands brushing against the bare skin of her own shoulders. "It's just so pointless, Hector. It's not like I can afford university, and even then, I'm not very good at anything."

"That's not true. You're a great student, I've seen your transcripts."

Salome buried her face in Hector's chest. "I'm no good. I only do it for you. You're blackmailing me."

Hector rolled his eyes. "No I'm not—"

"You didn't go to high school and you make millions." Salome's hand wandered down Hector's chest, her fingers tracing small lines and squiggles.

"Well, I did that through hard work. I didn't get to see my friends or family, and I definitely didn't get to have a girlfriend." Hector rose his eyebrows.

"I don't have any friends, and I barely have any family. So we're practically the same."

Hector drew in a breath, in-admittedly filled with pity. "Do you ever think of yourself as much older than you really are?"

"No, I know that I'm a child." She responded, her voice on the more sad side. "I just don't live my life like one."

Hector sat up. "Why don't you ever tell me about how things are at home?"

"Because it's not like you need to know." Salome shrugged. "I'm alive and healthy."

"But you're almost eighteen—"

"I turned seventeen a month ago, and you're about to turn twenty one." She responded, shaking her head. "Díos, are you high? Your eyes are bloodshot."

"I'm just tired, Salome."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure if you actually realize this," Hector paused. "But we have a lot of sex."

"Is that a complaint?"

"God, no." Hector smirked. "It's just time consuming. We were at it until three, and I woke up at six."