Beware of Brooklyn *Beware of the Parker Boys Sequel*

Prologue

            “Hey, that was mine.” Rodger whispers softly as I pop a Milk Dud into my mouth and I look to him and away from the large screen.

            “It was mine!” I protest loudly and the people sitting in front of us turn around a glare at me, making Rodger chuckle softly.

            I turn back to the movie screen and settle into the movie, watching as the mother goes into the basement, lighting a match and looking down the stairs. Suddenly a pair of hands appear next to her head and clap twice, making the match go out.

            “Ow!” he says loudly, looking to me with a glare. I look to him, my eyebrows pulled down. “Stop kicking me Brook!” he says, putting on his innocent face as the people in front of us turn around once more.

            I glare at him and shake my head but he looks to the screen, acting as if he did nothing at all.

            “Ma’me, would you please settle down, we are trying to watch this movie.” A woman says to me, glaring at me over her shoulder. When she has turned around I look over and find Rodger with his face into his arm that is layed on the table, stifling his laughter.

            I punch him hard in the arm and he looks up at me, a huge grin on his face.

            “I am trying to watch this movie too Brooklyn, so if you don’t mind…” he says softly, mocking a look of innocence again and I glare at him. He sticks his tongue out at me before again looking to the screen and watching the movie.

            This is why I had refused to go to the movies with him for the longest time, I knew he would pull something like this. Good thing the other boys didn’t come with us, all hell would have broke loose.

            It has been three months since everything happened with Daniel. Things have gotten better though. Kale has recovered from the events although he still has nightmares, but we all do. I have continued to see my counselor as a request to both Rodger and the other boys. But I also go for myself, it feels good to talk about it with someone who is just there to listen.

            The boy’s have become more protective than ever before though. And I receive more calls from my father.

            Suddenly a handful of popcorn flies towards the screen in front of us and I look to Rodger who sits back in his chair quickly and looks to me in shock.

            “Brooklyn! What are you doing!” he asks me in disbelief. More and more people begin to turn around, looking to me just like Rodger does.

            “And you wonder why I never go to the movies with you.” I tell him, standing up and walking down the stairs, I exit the theater and I hear running footsteps coming towards me along with laughter.

            “Oh come on, you know you want to laugh.” He says, nudging his shoulder with mine playfully.