Chapter Seven

The week passes quickly, making the day Friday and everyone happy the weekend has came.

This evening the boys played in the jamboree, and although it was only a 'practice' game, the entire town would most likely be there. Before the game, I was to go home and put the finishing touches on the Fan-Girl t-shirt Rodger insisted I make.

"It starts as six o'clock." He reminds me, grabbing my hand and turning me to him as I make my way across the parking lot.

"I'm not going to forget, I will be here." I smile.

"T-shirt and all?" he grins and I nod.

"T-shirt and all." I confirm.

I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before turning and walking to the car. I unlock the door and throw my backpack in the back seat.

"You're going to the game tonight, I suppose?" a voice says behind me and I find Tanner opening the door of the car next to Rodger's.

I look at him a moment, opening the driver-side door of the car.

"Yep." I tell him, sliding into the seat and turning the keys in the ignition.

"And the after party?"

"I hadn't heard of one." I shrug and he nods.

"I'm sure I will see you there, Rodger will be wanting to join his friends afterwards and you will be in tow."

"What the hell is your problem?" I snap and his eyes meet mine. "You said so yourself the other day, that you had no right commenting on how I was doing things. Yet here you are, butting your nose in somewhere it doesn't belong."

"I was wrong, I do have the right to comment on how you are doing things. You need to live the life you are wanting to live, not a life trailing behind Rodger Parker."

"Where are you even getting this? I attend one party that I, myself, talked my boyfriend into going to, and suddenly you think I am following him around like a puppy? Rodger has been behind me every step I make, making sure I don't do something to myself, he deserves to live a life he wants to live, not a life trailing behind me."

I am standing out of the car now, my eyes blazing holes through his skin and he moves his eyes to the pavement.

"Now. If you will excuse me, I am attending my boyfriend's football game to give him my support. I do not want to hear another opinion, not even another word from you, ever. Do you understand that, or must I explain myself further?"

He shakes his head, still not looking me in the eyes. I slide back into the seat, ignoring the countless pair of eyes that had been watching us in the parking lot.

·

I pull the Fan_Girl t-shirt over my head and take a look in the mirror. I had chosen a maroon shirt and used silver for the lettering. I had his number '6' on the front of the shirt, and then the classic 'Parker' on the top of my shoulder blades in the back. I decided on a pair of jean shorts, and my white Nikes.

Grabbing his keys from my night stand, I trudge downstairs. I throw my purse over my shoulder and make my way to the car that is parked in the driveway. The school was only a ten minute drive away from the house, but with the traffic that was heading in the same direction, it took me twenty.