Secrets Slipping

I could feel start to take over me. My eye lids were getting heavier and heavier. The rocking motion of Optimus's cab rocked me gently slowly allowing me to go to sleep.

I suddenly woke up, I was no longer in Optimus's cab, I was somewhere I had never been, the sky was dark and there was a tower in the middle of swirling clouds. "Optimus? Optimus where are you?" I called out. There was no reply I looked up to find Barricade standing there looking down at me smiling an evil smile.

"Optimus Prime is dead and so are all the Autobots. You are our slave now." Barricade laughed and went to pick me up, but I quickly darted out of his grasp and started running. I could hear him right behind me; he was getting closer and closer. What was I thinking that I could seriously out run a transformer?

Then out of the corner of my eye I saw as a black transformer came running up and knocked Barricade down. It proceeded to pick me up. "NO! Put me down!"

"Jess, calm down its me." A soft voice spoke. I turned to face the transformers who had me and as I looked I saw it was Ironhide. I quickly grabbed a hold of his thumb and hugged it tightly.

"Barricade said all of you guys were dead...and that we're all slaves now." I cried.

Ironhide pulled me close to his chest. Apparently there was something he wasn't telling me. Something about him scared me. He wasn't the same Ironhide I once knew. His face was full of scars. He looked down at me and whispered, "I'm the last surviving Autobot. I have tried fighting the Decepticons on my own, but it's useless there's too many. I try saving humans from their horrible fate when I can...it's the only thing I can do or...join with the Decepticons."

"But you can't do that Ironhide!" I exclaimed and let go of his thumb. Ironhide didn't reply he held me tightly to provide some comfort to me, but he didn't say anything. He was different. I guess if I were him I would be too seeing my friends fall to the ground. Optimus was gone and so were the others.

When we found a cave he sat me down on the rock floor and that's when it all hit me. I started sobbing so hard Ironhide didn't know what to do. He had fixed human food for me and tried to get me to eat but I couldn't. I curled myself up into a little ball and rocked myself back and forth. Ironhide sighed; I could tell he was in pain as well.

Ironhide reached his hand out to me and gently stroked my back. I looked up and he gave me a sad smile. "Ironhide...so what do we do now? I mean we can't just stay here and watch the Decepticons do everything in their power to destroy this world."

"We can't go out there. We'll be killed if we do." Ironhide spoke.

"Optimus wouldn't allow this to happen. He is probably rolling in his grave right now..." I quieted my voice. My throat started to hurt; I could feel tears start to build up. I had said Optimus's name and it hurt me to say it. I could never see him again, talk to him again, or even touch him. I started crying again and this time Ironhide scooped me up and held me to his face.

"Optimus fought bravely Jess, he truly did. He and I were the last ones left and then...Starscream came about struck Optimus from behind, this caught him off guard and then that's when Megatron struck." I tried to stop my tears but they wouldn't stop at all. They kept going and going. Ironhide looked at me and brought me forth and kissed me on the head. "It was a miracle I found you, Jess. You were with him when it happened."

I looked at him and tried to remember but nothing was there. Nothing at all, I couldn't remember anything. "You've been missing for a whole year Jess...I was sure the Decepticons took you. After they found out about you and Optimus they tried to kill you at all costs...but Optimus never allowed that. Jess, he died to save you."