Thrill of a Lifetime

I sat in Ironhide's hand getting quite tired of waiting. It had been a couple of hours since Galloway left the area leaving Lennox and Epps with us. I looked up at Ironhide who was started to doze off but quickly opened his optics. He looked down at me and asked, "What?"

"You were nodding off; do you need one of the other Autobots to hold me? Better yet I can stand on my own two feet." I replied looking down.

Ironhide shook his head and replied, "I'm fine, just a little tired. But there is nothing for you to worry about. I've been able to stay away for months at a time."

I looked up at him and sighed, "You don't have to try to impress me Ironhide. I just want to make sure you get your rest, that's all." I noticed the world started to get smaller as I started moving. I turned around to find myself face to face with Ironhide who moved his face towards me and nudged me a little with his nose plate.

I smiled and gently stroke the nose plate and leaned against it feeling his heat radiating from it. Just leaning against him was putting me to sleep but I quickly pulled myself away and shook my head trying to wake myself up. "You can go to sleep if you like. It won't hurt me at all."

"I can't go to sleep I have to wait until they come back." I replied. I heard metal feet in the ground and started walking towards me. At first I thought it was one Autobot, but when I turned around I saw Sideswipe, Bumblebee and Optimus all walking towards me. I could see other transformers in the back ground, but they were all staying away for some reason. "Who are they over there?" I asked.

Optimus turned around to see who I was looking at and replied, "Those are our new allies, well old allies but new to Earth. They are Mudflap, Skids, Chromia, Arcee, Elita One, and Jolt."

I looked over at them as one of the females just stared me down the whole time. "Optimus...that pink bot over there won't stop glaring at me...what did I do to her?" I asked looking at him and then back to her.

Optimus turned to look at her and let out a deep sigh and then turned back to me. The female finally turned her head but she still wasn't pleased. "That is Elita One, she and I used to be spark mates...but times have changed and so has she. The moment we thought one another dead our bond broke. Don't pay any attention to her she isn't important."

I looked up at him and gave him a sad smile and started walking towards him. He laid out his palm to me so I could walk into it. Once I was settled in his hand I sat down and leaned against his thumb. He looked down at me and whispered, "You need to go to sleep. Ironhide was right, you need rest."

"But I'm not sleepy. I'm just bored." I replied yawning which didn't help my case. I heard Ironhide grunt a little and Optimus chuckle.

"You still need some rest." Optimus whispered.

"Not until the come back."

"Hey Epps, go check on Galloway to see how much longer it's going to take, he has the records on the computer it shouldn't take him all night to look up her record." Lennox spoke. I watched as Epps nodded and left the room. Lennox looked up at me and called up, "We'll get you to stay, he's just being an ass because things aren't going his way."

I had to laugh at this and replied, "Thank you sir."

Lennox looked up at her and waved a hand, "Do not call me sir, you're not in the military there is no need for that here. Now Epps, he has to call me either sir or major."

I laughed at that and laid down in Optimus's hand, exhaustion starting to sweep over me more than before. We all heard running footsteps coming down the hall and into the room. Epps returned with Galloway grumbling along. "What took you so long?" Lennox asked crossing his arms over his chest.