Stuck In The Middle

Alexa's POV

"Tanner, can you bring up the last box to my room?!"

"Sure." He said and I heard his footsteps fade as he went down the stairs. I sighed. I didn't want to move to San Diego. I know that any girl dreams of living near the beach and amusment parks but I'm not like any other girls. I loved my old life in Vegas. Even though I got bullied by my cousin I loved the city. I loved walking down Freemont streets and looking at the lights. I loved all of the casinos that I went to to go see movies.

But no, my dad just had to get a new job in San Diego. And my cousin that bullied me just had to come too. Not to mention my older sister that helped my cousin bully me got the bigger room. Oh well. My motto is that life is unfair. And so far I've been right. Bad luck just enjoys to be on my side. I heard a knock on my door and I opened it. My brother had the box in his hands.

"Gracias (Thank you)." I said as I took the box from his hands.

"De nada (your welcome)" He said as he walked out of my room.

Oh yeah. If you didn't know, I'm Mexican. My mom and dad both immigrated to the US. They met in Las Vegas and they fell in love. Soon my brother was born. A year later my sister was born. And a year after that, I was born.

"Alexa, es tiempo para comer! (Alexa its time to eat)"

"Ay voy!(I'm going)" I said as I walked towards the door. Before I left I took one last look at my room for my junior year and I sighed, before I walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~THE NEXT DAY~~~~~~~~

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I reached over the the alarm clock and I turned it off. I sighed and I got up. I looked into my closet and I chose my outfit. I chose a black shirt that said 'California Republic' with a bear under it and some Hollister jeans, then I chose my black Toms and I put on a necklace that had a shark tooth and I went to the bathroom. There, I put on mascara, and lipstick and I curled my brown hair. Then I went down stairs.

"Buenos días hermano (good morning brother)" I said as I grabbed a bowl and served myself some cereal.

"Buenos días hermana (good morning sister)" he said as he continued to eat. We ate in a comfortable silence until my older sister came.

"Morning guys."

My brother doesn't know that my sister bullies me so when we're around him, she plays the sweet card.

I finished my cereal and I put it in the sink. Then I grabbed my keys and my backpack and I took my blue 2014 Ford Mustang to school. On my 16th birthday my parents surprised me with the car. I told them that it was too much money but they insisted. I threw my backpack into the passenger seat and I put on my sunglasses. Then I put in the key and I opened the garage. Then I turned right onto the road.

When I got to school I took out the key and my backpack and I locked my car. I walked into the school and I saw the office to my right. I opened the door and I walked to the front desk. There I saw a middle age women on the computer. He had her black hair tied up in a bun and her face showed slight laugh lines and her glasses were in the middle of her nose. She lifted up her head and looked at me.

"Hi sweetie, how can I help you?" She asked.

"I'm new here, and I came to pick up my schedule."

"Sure, what's your name?"

"Alexa Marie Garcia." She turned her attention back to the computer and she typed a few things into the computer.

"Here it is." She said as she printed out a stack of papers.

"Here's your schedule, locker number and combination, and a map of school. Welcome to Rivendale High." She said as she handed me the papers.

"Thanks." I said as I took the papers and went to my locker and I put some notebooks and other stuff in there. I closed my locker and I grabbed my papers and my binder. I turned and I headed towards my next class.

Suddenly I walked into a wall and I fell backwards. My binder fell to the floor and my papers scattered all over the hallway. I rubbed my head in an attempt to lessen the pain. The wall turned around to reveal a tall guy with raven black hair and sapphire eyes.

I gulped. Just my luck