Familiar Pain

Jack walked in. I push Ryan off of me and I turn to Jack. His eyes are full of rage.

He pushed Ryan off of me. The next thing I know, they're both on the floor throwing punches.

I walked over to them and I pull them apart.

"Guys stop!"

They don't thy just continue fighting. I got in between them and I tried to reason but they wouldn't listen.

The next thing I knew my right cheek is burning. Almost immediately my left jaw begins to sting. I fall to my knees.

I cry. The familiar pain comes rushing back. Memories of my beat downs flood in my mind like a tsunami.

I can't believe they hit me. Both of them did.

Jack knew about my abuse. Memories of us came.

Now they were both bent down trying to help me.

The next thing I know they're fighting over who gets to comfort me. My blood boils.

"ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS?!"

They turned to look at me.

"YOU GUYS JUST HIT ME AND NOW YOU'RE FIGHTING AGAIN. SON NINOS NO ME QUIEREN! (you're little boys, you don't care about me!)"

They turned to me in confusion.

"You don't care about me!"

I ran out of the room. I heard them calling for me but I didn't stop.

Thank god I'm a fast runner. I grabbed my helmet before I left. I put it on and I got on my motorcycle.

I turned the engine on. It roared to life. I loved it because when I drive I can get my anger out. I was driving out of the driveway when Ryan ran in front of me.

"Alexa, please stop! Can we talk about this!?"

I drove around him. Then Jack stopped in front of me.

"Alexa, you know I wouldn't hurt you!"

"Yeah but you did! You're just like everybody else! You don't care!" I challenged.

"You know that's not true! I cried even more. That's what hurt. I was turn in two. Part of me knew that he was telling the truth. And the other part was still mad.

I breathed in and out. Ryan stood next to Jack.

"I know you think I took advantage of you but you're different! You're beautiful in every way! From your bruises to your heart! I want to get to know you!"

Jack glared at him when he said that.

I took a deep breath. I turned off the engine of my motorcycle. I saw them both sigh in relief. I took off my helmet.

"You're lucky, I usually don't forgive this easily."

I threw my helmet to Ryan who caught

it with ease. Then I turned on my motorcycle and I drove it back to where it was before.

I grabbed my helmet as I walked back into the house.

"Can I stay here tonight?"

They both nod. I texted my parents and they were okay with it.

Jack, Ryan and I were sitting on the couch. Maria walked over to me.

"Quiere algo para comer? (do you want something to eat?)"

"Si, me puede hacer una quesadilla de carne asada y una canela? (Can you make me a steak quesadilla and canela?"

*canela is basically when you boil a stick cinnamon in hot water and then you add sugar

"Si. ahorita va estar listo. (Yes, it will be ready in a little while.)"

"Gracias (thank you)."

Then she walked away. I touches my cheek and I wince in pain.

I saw Jack and Ryan look ashamed.

"I'm sorry about that." Jack said.

I sent him a glare.

"And you still did it. You know what happened to me." I shot back.

"What happened to you?" Ryan said angrily.

Oh shit.

"Can I trust you?"

We locked eyes. His brown eyes locked into mine.

Jack coughed.

"You can trust me." Ryan said.

I sighed.

I told him my story.

"That little piece of shit!" Ryan said.

"Please don't tell her. Or else I'll be knocked unconscious. That's why I don't wanna be home alone with her."

Ryan nodded.

"Alexa, tu comida ya esta listo. (Alexa, your food is ready." Maria said.

"Gracias (Thank you.)" She nodded.

I walked in the kitchen. The boys followed. When I was done I washed my plate. Then we walked back into the living room.

"So are you still my girlfriend?" Jack asked.

I gave him a genuine smile.

"Yes, of course." Jack's eyes lit up with happiness. While Ryan's eyes looked down in disappointment.

"Sorry Ryan but you're dating my sister. And if you dump her for me, then she'll abuse me."

He nodded.

"But we're still friends."

He got happy.

I looked at the time and it was 10:30. Wow we took a long time.

"I'm tired. I better get to bed."

They nodded. When we got upstairs Ryan went to his room while Jack and I went to his room.

"Shoot I don't have anything to wear.

Jack looked through some drawers and he handed me some sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"Thanks."

I went to go change in the bathroom. When I came back Jack was shirtless and he was under the covers.

"Care to join me?" I nodded.

I got under the covers and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You know I would've never hurt you." he said.

"I'm sorry for reacting that way, it's just that when I get hit like that, I feel unwanted because of what my sister did to me."

He nodded in agreement. I felt myself getting more tired by the minute.

"Alexa, I love you."

I smiled.

"I love you too."