F o u r

A week later.
Maya's POV
"How long does it take to plan a wedding?"

"About 9-12 months I think."

"Lucas! That's a freakin year! I can't wait that long!"

"Well, it takes some time, the planning. The invitations...your dress!"

"Can't we just get married now?"

Lucas sat down next to me with his coffee in his hand. He grabbed my face and stared into my eyes.

"I know, I know I'm just rambling.
I guess I'm just...scared."

"Of what?"

"You! Going to Afghanistan!" I stood up. "I'm just scared that-that one day you're gonna walk out that door and I won't know if I'm gonna ever see you again!"

Lucas set down his coffee.

I looked down at my feet. I started to pick my nails.

Lucas stood up and grabbed my hands.

"Hey....hey...Im now going anywhere, ok? I'm right here."

He grabbed me into a tight hug. We stood there for a while. I liked it. I liked knowing he was here...here with me. I hate being alone. Just knowing he is out God knows where getting shot at makes me terrified. I took a deep breathe and let go.

"When do you have to go back?"

"2 weeks."

"How long?"

"Maya, it-"

Lucas got cut off.

"HOW LONG LUCAS?"

I'm trying to stay calm.

Lucas hesitated, "6 months."

I turned around so he wouldn't see me cry.

"Maya, it's not that long."

I turned back facing him.

"That's half a year, Lucas! Half a freakin year! I'm gonna have to plan this whole wedding by myself, don't I?"

I started pacing back and forth.

"No you don't! There's FaceTime! Text! Skype!" Lucas pointed out

"It's not the same. I can't stand here, HERE with you and be able to-to lay with you, to hug you, to-"

I took a deep breathe, trying to calm down. I looked into his eyes, his beautiful sea glass eyes...and how can I be mad when I look into those eyes?

"Six months...just six months..."

I closed my eyes trying to erase it all from my mind. All of it.

How did you like the chapter? I tried to do a heart felt chapter between Lucas and maya. Leave comments!