If These Demons Keep Falling

Hey guys, sorry for the late upload. Hope you enjoy, this one was driving me insane trying to write it perfectly, that's why it took so long I think. Please, please tell me what you think? Love you all xx (p.s this is my birthday present to you guys!)

Andrew POV

My eyes snapped open from the consuming darkness that had overtaken my body within seconds of seeing those steel orbs. Subconsciously, I mentally scanned my body, noting the aches from where I must have hit the floor.

It’s back.

Silence and darkness.

The last time my world had been so eerily silent was a time that I never wanted to recall again in this life. I remembered the school halls with the shadows and the linoleum under my shoes and the pain that followed. The pain that still haunts me like a ghost haunts a rickety old house.

The house in question seemed to groan and creak from where my cheek rested against the suddenly freezing cold floor. Thud. Thud. Thud. My heartbeat was slow, aching and my breathing was soft, barely fluttering past my lips.

There was someone here. Squeezing my eyes closed, I ignored the burning behind them as I tried to form my scrambled mind into coherent thought. The last thing that came to my mind was an image of….

No.

No. No. No.

Oh God why? Why me? Why now? Why can’t you let me forget?!

Life seeped back into existence with each second that passed. Sunlight filtered through the small stained glass window in the door, spreading a rainbow next to my cheek and giving me a false sense of security. It was so wrong to see such bright colours in an otherwise bleak existence and at such a dire point. I could hear more sounds now. Soft whispering noises like clothes rubbing as someone moved around. The creak and whoosh as the fridge was opened and a muffled thump as it closed again. Gurgling as water rushed through the pipes in the walls. Creaking as floorboards shifted under my body as I tried to move silently.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

What is that?

The noise I had previously assumed was my heart beating solidly against my ribcage was coming from the kitchen, where I assumed… he... was. Fear began pounding against my skull, slithering its icy fingers down my spine and through my veins.  Let me out, run away! Oh God let’s go! My head was screaming at me, along with a slight throbbing in my left temple from where I must have hit the floor when I passed out.

“Andrew…”.

It sounded like a whisper, mocking laughter disguised as a soft, caressing sound. I had never been scared of my own name in my life, but now I wished that it could have been any other person’s name, in reference to anybody else in the world, just not me.

Steel eyes. Static purple strands of hair. The glint of metal piercings as they caught fluorescent lights. The crimson of blood stained fingers. The flash of a gun. Heavy pressure against my skull. Paralysing pain. Fear. Panic. Adrenaline. Sorrow. Guilt. Helpless.

Flashbacks reeled though my head, emotions piling on top of each other until I could only feel hysterical.

Helpless.

It’s how I felt then, the feeling buried into the marrow of my bones. It’s back.

It’s all coming back.

***

“Andrew.” The voice was loud, intrusive and violent. A shadow fell over my form from where I was gripping the door handle, quietly trying to crack open the door and slip outside. My ankle had scraped against the floor when I was trying to push my way to the door, the plastic twisting around it reminding me of the consequences if I stepped outside the boundaries. Police, police would come and I could be safe! But the noise had also ruined everything.