And They Could Never Tear Us Apart

Blaring noise radiated from the screen in front of me, my eyes unfocused and instead of watching the show I was idly playing with the mug in my hands. Curling up on the couch I felt Accel sit down beside me, leaning against my side. His house was always so empty and the thought of him living alone here settled the feeling of sadness over me.

“Hey,” he whispered in my ear.

The past two days had been a mix of laughter, mind blowing sex, cheap and filling Chinese take away and quiet cuddling moments like now. Accel stole the best hours of my life and made them even better, but right now I was just tired and wanted to curl up and sleep- with him of course.

“Morning,” I smiled, turning and kissing him softly. “You know I have to go home sometime?”

“Mm, you can just live here you know?” Lids closed over green eyes as he slid lower, somehow forcing his way between my arms until he was lying on top of me, head on my chest. Laughing I simply let him be, my hands dropping the mug on the floor and switched to playing with his feathery hair.

Yeah, if I want my parents to be anymore against this relationship than they already are. Their protective streak has suddenly decided to kick in, funny how it took me nearly dying for them to show me how much they care.

Sighing I laid my head back, staring at the cracked ceiling. Falcon left Ace a new apartment in his will so over the next few days he would be moving his stuff out, apparently with a few friends of his. I’d never really met his friends but that could almost be beneficial considering Accel’s habits before I met him. Drug addicted teenagers who lived in grungy, alcohol stained rooms and partied every night are not the kind of people I tend to associate myself with. My boyfriend here is just the exception, considering his past.

“Ace… I actually have to go home. My parents will be cracking a fit.”

“So? You’re eighteen. You can do what ever the fuck you want.” He leaned up and bit softly on my ear, “Besides, don’t you want to stay here?”

God yes.

Groaning I kissed him again, pulling away before I started anything too serious. “Okay, I’m leaving now. No! Stop that! I love you but I really do have to go.”

“Obviously not,” Accel joked, refusing to let go of my hand and get off the couch when I attempted to stand and retrieve my clothing. “Please don’t leave yet?”

“You’re just lazy and don’t want to start moving your crap.” Picking his fingers away from mine was a difficult task but I eventually managed, even though I wanted nothing more than to crawl back into his arms.

“Well, yeah. But you could help?”

I half-heartedly glared at him for a second. “Haha. You’re a comic genius,” I spoke with a straight face.

Eye narrowing dangerously, a small smirk played over full lips, watching my every move.

“What?” Frustration was evident as I fought with my skinny jeans, grumbling when my leg got stuck.

“Oh nothing,” he grinned and then pounced, toppling me backwards.

***

Shutting quietly behind me I let the door slip from my fingers, sliding off my shoes and picking them up. Accel was trying to stifle laughter behind me and I supressed the urge to smack him across the head with my tattered converse. This was his fault, he was the one who insisted on staying the night. Poor baby didn’t want to be alone.

You realise what’s going to happen if you get caught? It’ll be all your fault as well.

I can’t help that his version of persuasion is sex.