Chapter eleven

We left the sled outside, under the shelter of the porch roof. Roxy took Diamond inside and I carried the emergency bag in from the sled.
"I've found an oil lamp," I picked up the old lamp and struck a match from our emergency supplies. The lamp filled the cabin with golden light.
"Let's see what we've got," Roxy picked up the bag and put it on the table next to the lamp. "There are some blankets, rope, a flask of water, portable dog bowls and a first aid kit..." Roxy opened the first aid kit up. "There's bandages, plasters, disinfectant spray and some pad heal for dogs," She put the first aid kit down on the table.
Diamond had already made her way over to the reindeer skin rugs.
"Come over here; I'll sort you out," Roxy sat down beside Diamond. I sat down too. She began to clean and bandage any scratches I had on my arms and hands.
"Thanks," I hissed. She finished and put the stuff back into the first aid kit, putting it away into the emergency bag. She put it on the table, next to the lit oil lamp. She throw a blanket down at me.
"Thank-you," I watched as she sat down beside me. I reached over her with the blanket, so that she was covered up.
"Thanks..." She lay down. I lay with my back against the wall. Roxy nestled down, her head resting on my shoulder. I looked down at her, to see that she was almost asleep. I smiled and relaxed.
"Goodnight, Adam..." She murmured.
"Night, Roxy," I sighed. "I love you,"
"I-I love you, too," She smiled into my shoulder.