Chapter 7

Castiel continues to play with the band for the next month and they have gotten much better. He has gotten some new friends and has something to do when he can't be with Dean. Castiel and Dean have been doing very well. Dean had a swim meet and Castiel supported him when he won all of his races. Castiel couldn't believe how talented Dean was. He has been believing that he actually loves him but love is a strong word and didn't want to say something s big so soon in their relationship. Castiel sees Charlie walk up to him by his locker and gets out some paper and a pen.

"Hey Cas! You ready for practice this lunch?" Charlie asks and Castiel nods, writing on his paper.

Yea. I've heard you are trying to book us a gig?

"Yea, isn't going well. I've heard that the school is doing a fair and I can always ask our principle if we can play a few songs there. Get our band out there." Castiel smiles at the idea. Him and Charlie had gotten really close since starting the band. He can talk to her kind of the way he talks with Dean but he knows that nothing can go further than friendship for the two. Everyone knows she's into girls and Charlie doesn't hide it. She has actually got a small crush on Jo, Castiel notices things.

That would be awesome! Dean has been wanting to know when he can hear us play. I've always told him soon.

"Always going on about Dean aren't ya Cas. So anyway, how are you two going?" Charlie asks and Castiel blushes.

Really well. I think I may be in love with him.

"Wow Cas. How are you going to tell him? Big sign, big performance. It has to be something big." Charlie says and gives Castiel an idea.

I think I know how I am going to tell him.

"Ooooo, how?"

Not telling, unless you will be able to help me.

"Nothing is too big for me Cas, so what is it?"

I want to learn how to speak. Actually tell him I love him. Using my own voice.

Charlie pauses for a minute.

"Wow Cas, that is pretty big. I'll help you. Are you free today after school? I can help you then." Charlie asks.

I'm free. Dean has an after school swim practice today.

Ok good. Well, I'll see you at lunch" Charlie waves goodbye as she walks off to her first class and at that moment, Dean hugs Castiel from behind.

"Hey Cas. Sorry we can't do anything today. Swimming is just very intense this time of the year, especially with me going to the National Championship in a few weeks." Castiel turns to see Dean looking at him apologetically.

It's ok Dean. I understand. Anyway, i'm hanging out with Charlie today after school.

"Nice. What are you going to be doing?" Dean asks and Castiel comes up with a quick but believable lie.

Just practicing a bit together. Maybe try and get a gig for the band.

"Good. I need to hear your band play. Mostly you but your band as well. I hope some songs you play has some good bass lines." Dean says and kisses Castiel's blushing cheek.

I promise there are a couple of bass heavy songs. Castiel decides it's his turn to kiss Dean's blushing cheek, which makes his cheeks redden even more. The bell rings and they head off to their English class. Since their short story project was finished, they had to read some kind of old book. It was actually quite boring and Castiel wasn't surprised to feel a vibration in his pocket from his phone.

Impala67: Booooooooooooooooringgggggggggggggggggg

Impala67: Soooooooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooringgggggggggggggg

Impala67: I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored

SilentBee: So am I it's ok :)

Impala67: Good. You will now be bored with me :D

SilentBee: Well you do know that we will have to finish reading this book and produce that essay. And yours is going to have to be much more detailed and longer as you are a senor and i'm only a sophomore.

Impala67: -_- ..!..

SilentBee: :,(

Impala67: Don't cry bee. I don't like it when you're sad.

SilentBee: :D

Impala67: Yay!

SilentBee: Dean, we should really get to reading this book.

Impala67: Fine :,(

SilentBee: Don't cry.

Both boys read the boring book until the bell rings and they say their goodbyes.

~~~

Castiel meets Charlie by the school gates and silently walk to her place, which only takes about three minutes. They enter the empty home and sit on the couch in the living room.

"Well Cas. I don't really know how to coach you into learning to speak but I think we should get you a nice big glass of water first." Castiel nods as Charlie stands up and walks to the kitchen, coming back a minute later with two glasses of water.

"Now, I think we should maybe start by you just saying your name. Is that alright?" Charlie asks and Castiel nods. Castiel coughs and takes a small glass of water. He was going to try and speak for the first time in his life.

"C-c-c-cas-as-ti-ti-el." Castiel just whispers that, instantly taking a drink of water.

"That was really good Cas. Do you want to try again?" And that was how it went for the next four hours, Castiel slowly being able to say a couple of sentences and Charlie helping him, refilling his glass about five times and encouraging him to try.

"Well, my mum should be home soon and I think your brother will be wondering where you are. Bye Castiel." Charlie says as Castiel walks to the door, opening it before turning around.

"Good-bye Ch-harlie." Castiel says, making Charlie smile wide as Castiel closes the door and walks the short distance to his house. e opens the door to see Gabriel hanging upside down on the couch, watching some kind of soap opera on tv. Castiel taps on Gabriel's leg and he falls off the couch, rubbing his head as he stands up to see Castiel.

"Hey Cas, next time please don't freak me out like that. I would really not want to have a huge bump on my head." Gabriel says with a smirk as always.

"S-sorry Gabe." Castiel says and Gabriel's mouth is wide open in complete shock.

"You, you, talked Cas. You talked. You talked Cassie!" Gabriel pulls Castiel in a tight hug, squeezing Castiel tight. "I'm so happy for you. Why have you decided to talk?" Gabriel asks as he lets go of Castiel.

"I w-want to t-ell Dean I l-love h-im." Castiel says, voice still a little rusty and sore for not ever being in use.

"That's awesome! I'm glad Dean makes you want to do something like this. No matter how much little Dean-o annoys the crap out of me, i'm happy that he is making you happy." Castiel smiles wide and hugs his brother and then walks up to his room.

I think you'll like this surprise Dean.

~~~

Hey!

So??? What you think?

Couldn't update today at school as I had school phots and other stuff going on. But I did end up updating.

There will only be about a couple more chapters. I had always wanted this to be 9 to 10 chapters and I aim to complete this book by the end of this week. I will write anothe book though. I have one in mind already!

Anyway. I'll tell you more about it next chapter

Till next time

Vic xx