Chapter 11 [edited]

(SHE'S 4 MONTHS ALONG. IT IS NOW November!!!)

Cloe's POV

Everybody knows I'm pregnant. Great. It was a Tuesday morning and I was walking into the school. I slung my bag over my shoulder, hung my head low and listened to the sound of my converse hitting the pavement of the school parking lot. Somehow Kyle's girlfriend, Becky, found out that Kyle got me pregnant and now everyone knows, thanks to her big mouth. I walked into the school building and it felt as if everything stopped. I stopped breathing. People stopped talking, moving. Time stopped. I felt several pairs of eyes on me. I looked up and walked to my locker, silently. My stomach is bigger. A lot bigger. I'm only 4 months along. I grabbed my notebook, pen and anything else I needed for my first 4 morning classes.

My 4 classes flew by and here I was sitting, alone in the library, reading. All the girls ate somewhere this weekend, and all got sick. So I'm stuck by myself, most likely all week. Great. I have 3 more classes until school is over. The bell rings throughout the school, letting kids know lunch is over and it's time to get to you're next class. I stand up, ready to leave and walk out.

After School.

I was waiting on my mom to pick me up since she had today off. Kids were leaving, but the parking lot was still full of people. As I was sitting on the curb, I saw Kyle walking my way. Oh no. Mom please hurry up. Please. As he got closer my hands started sweating more and more. I took my phone out of my pocket, trying to look busy so he doesn't stop and talk to me. After a few seconds I see a pair of Nike shoes in-front of me. I hear Kyle clear his throat and I look up, surprised.

"Yes?" I ask, shoving my phone back into my coat pocket.

"Hi Cloe. Do you need a ride home?" I was taken aback. Why is he being so nice? He's playing with me. Just then my phone rang and I picked it up, not looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I ask, holding up a finger to silence Kyle.

"Cloe?" It's mom.

"Yeah?"

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry. but you'll have to walk home. I can't get the car started."

"Oh. Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I'll be home in a bit."

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too." I hung up and looked at Kyle.

"To answer your question, no I don't need a ride. Thanks though." I got up, carefully and started walking.

"Cloe?" I stopped and turned around.

"Yeah?"

"Let me give you a ride. You'll freeze."

"I'll be fine. Thanks though."

"Please?"

"I'll. Be. Fine." I turned around and started my walk home.

"It's not good for you...or the baby." I stop dead in my tracks as soon as the word, baby comes out of his mouth. I turned around and started walking up to him, my insides burning with fury. I pointed a finger at him.

"What? What did you say?"

"It's not good for you..or the baby." I put my finger right on his chest and pushed him a little.

"Don't you dare, act like you care about MY child. I gave you a option to either stay or leave. You chose to leave. So don't come back to me 2 months later and act like you chose to stay. I don't care if the child is yours, you chose to leave." I had everyone's eyes on us now. I don't care.