Chapter 8• Miss Independent

Lydia's POV:

"A boyfriend?" I asked.

They both nodded, "Yeah, boyfriend. Like Justin here, he's my boyfriend and I'm his-"

"Selena, I got it. I was just shocked. I know what a boyfriends is...I just don't want to get hurt again." I looked down at my lap that has an ice cream on it.

"That arrogant, selfish, bastard, asshole Kemp?" Justin scoffed and I slowly nodded at him.

"Kemp? Lydia, he was a jerk back then, but right now it's different. Niall is different from Kemp. Niall is a unique boy, I promise you he won't hurt you." Selena looks at me worriedly.

"And what does this have to do with Niall?" I asked.

"I mean, maybe you and Niall could be together, he's perfect for you. You two are alike, right?" Selena smiles and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, he eats a lot, you eat a lot, he laughs loudly, you laugh loudly, he always seems happy, you're always seems happy, he sings, you sing-"

"Justin, I get it." I sternly said and he shuts up.

"Guys, as much as I want to have a boyfriend, I want to have some of my own time first, okay?" I assured them, I scooped a huge ice cream and ate it without my teeth getting cold.

"Promise me, that you're going to get a boyfriend?" Selena asks.

"And hopefully, he's a good one not an asshole?" Justin added and I rolled my eyes at their silliness.

"Yes Mom, yes Dad!" I scooped another one and ate it.

"If you and Niall got on a fight, tell me and I'll give you some advice." Selena offered and my face grimaced from her offer. Ironic much?

"What, what's wrong?" She asks and I closed my eyes hoping she would let it go but to my luck, she's not letting it go. She's that type of a girl, who wouldn't let things go until she knows or gets. Yup.

"Well, now that you mentioned it...me and Niall...kinda...erm..." I stuttered, I can't put my words together that I really wanted to say.

I nudge Justin on his side and he looks at me, I curtly nod towards the stairs and he sighs.

"Why do I have to leave?" He asks frustrated.

"Because it's a girl talk and it's a little bit embarrassing if you listened to us." I said in a matter-of-factly. He sighs again.

"Fine, but when you girls needed to talk, I'm going to listen." He huffed and I scoffed. What part of its a girl talk, does he not understand? Sometimes, I just don't understand him.

He stood up, kissed Selena a good night, raffles my hair and kissed my cheek a good night. When he was gone, Selena grips my forearms tightly and I whimpered in pain.

"Tell. Me." She demanded and I sighed. This isn't going to be good.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"HE WHAT!?" She squeaked and I covered my ears from bleeding.

"Yes he did, but it was my entire fault why he screamed rudely at me. Don't worry." I don't want her to worry about me, she's already busy about her career and now she's acting motherly at me.

"I know, but why did he say 'Sorry your face!'?" She's raging. I can tell.

"Selena calm down, it's okay if he's mad at me but I lost a friend." I said looked down and frowned.