Chapter 10• Touch the Sky

Lydia's POV:

We continued kissing then we simultaneously stopped breathlessly, our foreheads touching and we were panting while smiling.

I took off his shades and saw his beautiful eyes of sea. Cliché I must sound, but when you are feeling things like this, you might say so.

"Why don't you want me to date you?" He asked, I looked away from him and sat beside him with Pringles. Yes, I named her Pringles because I love food.

"Because...I'm not yet ready. You can be my best friend but I don't think I can have a relationship with someone like you." I quietly answered.

"What are you talking about?" I laid down on the blanket with a cushion under my head.

"When I was 15 years old, there was this guy named Kemp and he kind of asked me to date him. He was sweet and all, he would buy me things that I like even though I don't want it. We dated for 8 months and I truly trusted him. Then there's this one night, he called me but he didn't literally mean to call me, it's like it was butt-dialled or something. I was listening because it was about me they were talking about, then that's where I found out that they only dared him to date me. All of the things that we did together was only because of a stupid game or dare. They made fun of me Niall, and I was really hurt back then. I wouldn't talk to Auntie B, Uncle B, Justin and Selena. I was always in my room on a corner rocking, like some crazy shit." I told him and he was looking at me with Pringles on his lap sleeping.

I smiled at the sight, he's like a father and Pringles is his daughter.

Awe, lovely.

"What?" He asks and I shook my head grinning.

"Seriously, why are you smiling!?" He chuckles and pulls me over to him and we are really close to each other.

"Nothing, just looking at you two so cozy." I chuckled and he laughs.

"Well, what do you say about that girl? Your Mum looks at us like some cozy bed!" He talks to Pringles and I laughed and he joins in. Wait, did he just say mum?

"Mum!? If Pringles is my daughter, then who's the father?" I squint my eyes to him.

He triumphantly smiled, "Of course me." He pops out his big chest and bawled his hands and he puts them on his waist. He acts like a superhero.

"Stop it!" I laughed and pushed him a little bit, he held my hands onto his middle part of his chest and I looked at him confuse.

"You feel that Lydia?" He asks and I felt his heart beating fast and I nodded at him. He smiles and held my hands even tighter than before.

"What are you trying to say Niall?" I asked him and he looks away then glances at Pringles.

"Lydia, I really like you ever since we met. You're funny, adorable, cute, awesome, cool and beautiful. Even if you're not perfect it's fine for me, you always go with the natural. You don't wear make-up, you don't wear sissy outfits, you don't over react at anything. You just go with the flow, and that's what I liked about you. You're just a care free person like me, you're the other me even if you're not Irish. Lydia, will you take the honour of dating me?" Shit just got real.

I guess shit is in my vocabulary. I stared at him for a while and he has worry in his eyes.

Am I that enough for him to date? Can I trust him? Should we be best friends forever? Should I say yes?

"Niall, you're so sweet and you said so many shits just to ask me out. So, yes Niall, I would love to date you." I breathe out, I didn't even know that I was holding my breath!