Chapter 16• Meetings and Weird Feelings

Lydia's POV

"Gosh, you're so beautiful! Any secrets about your godly power?" Jesy joked and I shook my head while laughing. Why do people keep calling me beautiful? Oh, maybe because it's night. But when a person calls me ugly, I beat the shit out of their life.

Leigh-Ann grinned, "So, any boys?"

My eyes widen, "Woah, guys. Chill for a sec there, I'm not dating anyone yet and to be honest, I wish I have the ability of Jean Grey. Yeah."

"Yup, the 1D boys are right, you're very unique."

I turn to Jade, "How would they know? They just met me, except for Niall. Unless, he also talks about me." I slowly said while picking the end of my shirt.

"Yes, he does Lydia, a lot actually." Perrie answered. Oh.

Jesy whistled and we looked at her, what's with her? She smirked, "I guess Irish Prince Charming is on his way, 2:00 Lydia." I narrowed my eyes and suddenly felt a presence right beside me. He gave me great goosebumps from arms to legs, oh gosh, please I'll be Cry Me a River scene here.

"Hello, ladies. Having a good night?" Niall curtly nodded to us, the butterflies chorused yes' while I just stood here like a potato. Shit, he found me.

The girls were giggling while I gave them deathly daggers, already plotting my revenge. It was obvious they were torturing me, also Niall here, now he gives me weird tingling feeling and I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Niall was trying to put his arm around me, but in return, a tight pinch was gifted to him. I faked a smile while he suppressed multiple remarks. For sure, he's already planning a way to take me from the girls.

After tons of arm slapping, I gave up and slithered his strong arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Do you, ladies, mind if I take the lovely maiden here for a while?" they squealed and gushed, telling it was alright. I sighed, traitors. That's what they are. I put my arm around him too and pinched his side, he flinched but returned to normal again.

I'm warning him now, to get ready for his death bed.

He practically dragged me into the house, away from the people, also known as my barriers from him. We stopped at the kitchen and I hopped on the countertop, "So Horan, care to explain?"

He looks at me bewildered, "What? You're the one who needs explaining to do."

"I'm going to explain? You're the one who's been staring at me like a hawk off the distance, dragged me from Little Mix, oh, and practically told my life to everyone out there!" Actually, he and I both know that we're going to start a fight again.

First, he blushed then his face got red even more, "So what if I told my colleagues about you? You're a part of my life Lydia! A huge impact. Why, you don't tell about me from your friends?"

"I don't have friends, Niall! How many times do I have to tell you, that I am incapable of having friends!? And why do I need to tell people out there, about you? It's not like you're so important."

His eyes widen in front of me, my hands tremble from our outburst, it's like our worst one yet. He backed away from me as I try to collect myself, what have I said? No, I didn't mean that. It wasn't supposed to be put that way. I brought my hands front of me to look at them because I can't see Niall hurt. It was obvious, I've hurt him once again. And this time, it shot him right thorugh his heart.

"Do you know why I stared at you like that, why I took you away from people, why I tell people about you?" He says in a single breath, as I kept heaving for more. There's a battle going on inside my head, the immature and mature parts. But I shook my head.

His face still red, "Because I'm a very selfish man. I'm so selfish about you and boastful at the same time. To finally have someone there, never giving up. Yes, I have four best mates, yes I still have my parents and siblings but they are a different picture. You, Lydia, are a very unique person. You gave me this undescribable feeling, kinda like a flame in here," he puts his right hand on his left chest while now smiling at me.

"And it's still going on. I thought it would stop but it didn't."

"What, are you saying Niall?" I whispered, like I'm afraid if I talked, he would be gone.

He gave me a faint smile, "I like you Lydia, all along. I like you so much, it took me a while to realize considering we met weeks ago."

My heart is beating faster than before, I could hear the continous pumping in my ears, if that makes sense. I know I'm an immature young adult but I know how to be serious in some moments. And I consider this as a very serious one.

That's it, my heart couldn't take it the past year and I was broken and bruised. When Niall came, I thought he would just be like the others. But I judged him easily. I was longing for him and didn't know what I was waiting for. I was like, left on the sidelines then stopped at the red light. But I was so stupid enough to be fucking blind about everything and everyone. And that's what they have been telling me, my doors were closed for a long time that it has seem to be rusted. Couldn't open. But now I did.

"Niall," I shook my head to my idiotic self. "I didn't know you felt that way to me. I'm really sorry-"

"No, it's okay. I get it. You don't have the mutual feeling, and you also don't have to waste your breath on me."

"Niall, listen to me, that's not what I meant-"

"Save it." His eyes wide in anger, his nose flaring while his fists clunching until it's white. He walked out of the kitchen and didn't heard him for the next few hours.

I don't know what to feel, by now I'm having what do they call it? Umm... mixed emotions, yeah. If I feel anger, I would have trashed the place, if sadness, an indoor pool will be created. I just don't know. Three knocks came, the door opened slight, while a body walked in.

"Lydia? It's time to get out of those sheets." I groaned in response, that's what I have been saying or doing the past few weeks. That's all I do, stay here in bed and do nothing. I haven't looked at my phone that I'm guessing there's a lot of missed calls and unread messages. I shower twice a week, and I've never eaten anything.

Selena and Justin were very worried, they did everything just to get me productive until they got really busy with their career. It's fine, I understand. At least they have jobs to worry about, while I have non. Gosh, I almost forgot about the two month off. I don't even know what date is today.

I felt the duvet being ripped of off me and I whined, "Lydia, I have had enough of your shit. So just get up, shower, eat and walk outside the house or you're gonna die here as your death bed."

"I'd rather have that than do anything and face people." I grumbled, hugging tightly my favourite pillow.

She fessed up her hair in frustration while groaning, "What has gotten into you? You're not like this, unless-" after realization she gasped. There was an eerie silence, you could even hear a safety pin drop. Then, Justin yelled Happy Halloween. What? It's almost November? Woah, I was too far.

But there was one thing in my mind right now, I like Niall Horan.

___________________________________________

Heyyyyyyyyy Happy New Year and God Bless you all readers :)

-Nina.