01.

"Mom! Duncan took my ball!" Whined a young boy no older than five.
"I did not Luke, you tattle tale!" Hissed another boy only a year older than the five year old.
The two boys were in the back yard of a medium sized house, both bickering about a baseball the one known as Luke won during a game at their school.
Their mother, Margret, couldn't help but smile at her sons as she sat on the porch; slowly rocking back and forth while knitting a scarf.
"Duncan, if you took your brothers ball, be a dear and give it back to him." She said in a soft yet gentle tone, Margret was one of the most beautiful women in their town, she had pale skin with flowing curly brown hair and ocean blue eyes. A lot of the women in the town had the exact same skin tone, even eye color, but to her five sons. She was more beautiful than any other woman they had ever seen.
Duncan pouted, he threw the ball into the grass as Luke ran off after the ball.
Margret's attention went to her side as her youngest of the five, Rick looked up at her with teary brown eyes.
"Mama.." He whimpered.
Her eyes grew wide as she removed herself from the chair then ran inside.

"Where is it, you brat!?" Snarled the drunkard James, he held tightly onto a boys collar who was trying to rip the other off of him.
"James! Stop it!" Margret yelled attempting to pull her drunk husband off of her second oldest, Kelton who was glaring at the other while her oldest Spike tried shoving the other away from his other brother.
"He stole it!" James slurred pushing the two off of him as he shoved the seven year old against the wall.
"I didn't steal nothing!" Kelton yelled.
Margret frowned deeply until she made her way into the middle of the two, she hid Kelton and Spike behind her as she glared at James.
"What did he steal?" She asked him.
"What, mom!?" Kelton hissed looking betrayed.
Margret turned to him with a disapproving look that silenced the other.
James glared. "He stole ten bucks out of my wallet!" He accused.
Margret frowned deeply. "How are you certain it was him? You lose things all of the time!" She snapped.
James shoved Margret with a threatening pose looking at her. "Because those brats are always stealing my shit!" He yelled.
Margret turned to Kelton and Spike with a frown. "Boys, go get your brothers and go up to your room, I'll be up there shortly." She said.
Not arguing with her, the two ran off without a word.
Margret turned to James now with a rather irritated expression.

"Did you really take papa's money..?" Rick asked, under his covers on one of the bunk beds while Kelton and Spike sat on the floor with a frown.
Kelton looked at the other three that lied on the bed with worried expressions, before nodding.
Luke frowned deeply. "He's going to kill you." He warned.
Spike looked to Luke with a frown of his own. "Not unless someone rats him out." He hissed.
Duncan looked at Kelton with confusion. "Why did you take the money?" He asked him.
Kelton only frowned at the question itself.
"He's always taking our things and destroying them.. he destroyed Ricks bike because he was mad at mom.." He murmured.
Spike sighed with a frown. "We have to at least tell mom." He told him.
Kelton shot the other a look. "No! Mom will tell dad! If we spend it.. well then he can't really do anything." He told them.
Rick tilted his head. "Spend it on what..?" He asked as his ears were covered by Duncan's hands who held an annoyed look.
"We're not going to spend dad's money, it'll only make the situation worse.. we can just drop it in the yard and let him find it on his own." He murmured.
Spike looked to Kelton. "Duncan has a point." He said.
Kelton rolled his eyes.
"Fine, whatever." He sighed walking out of the room.

Rick blinked watching the four walk off. "Didn't mama tell us to wait in here..?" He asked before trailing behind the others, he stopped walking after hearing a strange sound coming from their parents room, being only four it made sense on how the mind was so curious and wanting to find out things, such as weird sounds coming from your parents room.
He frowned deeply before reaching up to the door knob, then slowly and quietly peered in.
His eyes grew wide at the sight he was seeing, tears swelled up in his eyes before he ran down the stairs, tears streaming down his cheeks until he was outside.
"Bubba!" He cried, Spike's head turned sharp with alarm as did the others.
Spike ran over to Rick with worry.
"Rick?! Why are you crying? Did dad hit you?" He questioned with concern.
Rick shook his head as the tears fell.
"Papa is hurting mama in their bed! S-she's making these sounds and papa isn't letting her move a-and-"
"Rick, calm down!" Duncan grasped his baby brothers shoulders with a frown.
Spike was pinching the bridge of his nose with a sigh.
He knelt down in front of Rick who wiped his eyes with a sniffle.
"Dad isn't really hurting mom.. they just wrestle when they want to play." He told him.
Rick looked at him with a frown.
"Their playing..?" He asked.
Spike nodded with a soft smile.
Rick tilted his head before grinning. "Can we play wrestle?" He beamed now.
The brothers examined looks as Kelton cautiously dropped the ten dollar bill.
"Yeah! Let's go play wrestle in the back yard." Duncan told him as the five of them all ran off.

One month later, Margret stood in the bathroom, tears streaming down her cheeks as she held a pregnancy test with the results 'positive.'
There was no way James could handle the news, five kids were enough and now six..?
She slowly slid down the bathroom door as her body shook, she knew the results of this, she knew what would happen if she were to give birth.. but she already knew abortion wasn't an option.
She looked up the bathroom ceiling with fear.
Just how was she going to tell her husband, they were going to be parents? A sixth time..

Yo-Ho! So I lied about taking a break, my mind and hands had other ideas and this story was one of them. Let me just explain the background of Brotherhood.
When I was eleven years old, I would draw my own stories with my own characters, and after doing a lot of series and two years of drawing my stories. Brotherhood was created, Drake, Rick, Luke, Duncan, Kelton and Spike. Six brothers, yes I am aware that is a lot of kids, but being a kid myself. I didn't see the harm in this, so after thinking and pondering about the idea of making this a story instead of a drawing, I thought. Why not?
In my drawn stories of the brothers, Drake was always known to be the source of abuse and all six of them had these powers.. but I thought this would be a tad weird, also Drake had this imaginary best friend who later turned out to be their dead brother Jacob and sent Drake off into this realm of nightmares where he was forced to watch his five brothers suffer in pain.
And to further explain, Spikes name as a son xD in the drawn story. He was a real jerk to Drake and the way I had his personality done, it made sense at that time, plus I was thirteen and couldn't think of any cool names except for Spike.
So, several years later. Here we are, the written story to "Brotherhood"
I hope everyone enjoys this, especially for what all I have planned.
Until next time.
Thanks!
~Celty.