10.

*Three years later*

"Has anyone seen my other shoe?" I questioned walking down the stairs of our house with my arms crossed.
The guys were all in the kitchen and Jeremy was on the couch waiting, we were supposed to go to the carnival tonight and the pair of shoes I always wore, one of them were missing.
Luke glanced to me from his book. "Have you checked the laundry?" He asked.
I frowned before nodding.
"Just wear a pair of mine, were the same size in shoes." Rick told me.
I ran a hand through my hair.
"If your sure?" I said.
Rick nodded. "Yes, if you two are supposed to go to this carnival and you still cant find your shoe, go ahead." He said with a smile.
I nodded then ran back upstairs to put my twenty year old brothers shoes, you would think.. they would eventually move out, Spike and Kelton were adults now and they were still here. Duncan and Luke were talking about college and jobs, and they were still here... and then Rick said he wasn't going anywhere.
I slipped on the others shoes, then raced back down the stairs to Jeremy who looked amused.
"Are we finally ready?" He asked me with a grin.
Rolling my eyes, I smiled with a nod.
"Let me go tell the guys and then we can go." I told him.
Jeremy nodded removing himself from the couch then stretched.

The wind was a bit cool was we walked down town to the carnival, we went to this same carnival in the past two years now. The guys never wanted to take me, even after Jeremy had offered before.
I smiled as we approached the rides.
"What do you want to go on first?" Jeremy questioned.
I looked to him. "You always ask me, what do you want to go on?" I asked him now.
Jeremy rose  a brow before grinning.
"Let's go on the roller-coaster." He declared.
I paled but nodded with a smile, we got our bracelets and walked through the fair.
I felt my stomach drop when we made it to the large ride, the line wasn't very long either.
I took a deep breath then followed the taller male to a cart to sit down in.
"Are you scared?" Jeremy asked me, trying to contain his grin.
I shot him a glare. "You know how I feel about these things.. and those movies never helped." I murmured then tensed feeling his arm wrap around my shoulders.
"This will be nothing like those movies, once the ride starts, you'll be okay." He told me.
I frowned, but leaned into his hold.
I felt scared the moment the ride started, I gripped onto the bars as my knuckles grew white.
"I can't do this, Jeremy I need off." I cried.
Jeremy looked to me with concern, the coaster was going up the hill and I knew right then and there. I was not going to survive this.

I buried my face in the others arm when we made it to the top.
"Drake, look at me." I slowly removed my face from his arm as he frowned softly.
His hand took mine, and I felt my stomach drop the moment we went down and his lips pressed to mine, he held my hand tightly before releasing from the kiss.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Jeremy asked me after we got off the ride.
I looked to him, with confusion but shook my head.
"Why did you..?" I questioned.
Jeremy stopped walking, his hands in his pockets turning to me.
"If its not too obvious, I have a thing for you Drake, and with you pulling the frightened girl up on the coaster. I decided, it was now or never, to my surprise. You didn't freak more out." He told me with a grin.
I felt the heat raise to my cheeks before turning my head from him.
"Hm, I see." I said as we walked through out the fair.

There was a few times when he would brush his hand against mine, and needless to say from the annoyance and embarrassment I felt. I would take his and we would go on little kid rides, just to annoy him.

I smiled softly as we stood under the food court, we were both getting hungry and Jeremy had demanded he was getting us food.
I crossed my arms.
"I'm going to go to the bathroom, I'll be back." I told him.
Jeremy frowned looking to me. "Alright." He said.
I headed off, walking into the crowd of people with a yawn.

There ended up being a line to the bathrooms, which I had to wait approximately ten minutes before getting to go.
When I finished my business, I looked around before bumping into someone.
"Oh, I'm sorry." I apologized looking at a man maybe in his early forties or fifties, he had messy black hair and cold brown eyes as he frowned.
"That's okay, kids like you shouldn't be wandering alone by yourselves." He told me.
I took a step back with a frown. "I'm seventeen.." I murmured.
"How are your brothers?" Was his question to me.
I frowned deeply. "Who are you..?" I asked him.
"Drake?" I turned to find Jeremy there with a frown.
I looked to the unknown man then to my best friend.
"Sorry.. the line was pretty long." I told the other.
The man frowned. "I'll be seeing you around." He said and with that, vanished.
Jeremy frowned deeply.
"Who was that?" He asked me.
I could only shrug with a frown.
"I have no idea.. he asked me how the guys were.." I told him.
Jeremy looked around.
"Let's head to the house, I've suddenly gotten this creep alert and would feel worse if more creeps talked to you." He said.
I rose a brow. "And what does that make you?" I asked him with a grin.
Jeremy turned to me with a grin. "What ever you want it to make me." He said pressing his lips to mine.

The walk home seemed like it was a lot longer, we talked during most of it.
The sound of tires screeching caught both of our attention, I felt my eyes grow wide seeing this car speeding down the road driving right towards us.
"Run.." We both said in unison taking off away from the car that was clearly after us.
"Drake jump the fences!" Jeremy told me.
I froze. "I'm not able to jump that high!" I squeaked when he lifted me up then leaped over the fences and kept running, the car was on the road driving right beside us.
"I see the house!" I exclaimed, we kept running until we made it to the driveway of my house.
We were both out of breath as the car drove by slowly.
"Get inside." Jeremy demanded.
I nodded as we ran into the house then slammed the door behind us.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is late, a lot has been going on and I had a lot of stress on my plate yesterday to the point I couldn't make myself update.. chapter 11 will be followed off by the ending of this one, and I will try to make it longer.
Until then.
Thanks!
~Celty.