Chapter 4 "Does a KWON JIYONG Know About Courtship?" PART 2

“Mom?”

“Here honey.”

“Wow, Mom you look stunning tonight! You are so beautiful.”

“You too Dara. You look beautiful.”

“Of course Mom. Just like you”

“Oh yes. Who else whom you inherit from? And it’s me.” We laugh. I love seeing Mom happy. She’s always happy but seeing her face glowing with max energy and I don’t know where it is coming. Does she have a Love life now? Anyways, I am grateful for her.

“Are you ready Mom?”

“Yes. Oh baby girl why?”

“Why what?”

“You look cloud-headed. Tell me what’s bothering you.” Am I? Maybe i was just over thinking about what happened this morning.

“Nothing Mom. Don’t mind it. It’s your birthday. You should enjoy.”

“Dara, you know you’re my happiness. Come on. Tell your mom.” Should I tell her? Now?

“Mom… Do you still love dad?”

“What brought to your mind about your Dad? Of course I loved him. Past tense baby. It’s just things aren’t good when we are together. But there’s only one good thing happened when we are still together and it was You.”

“How do you know if you love Dad as your friend or as your lover?”

“Hmm. Is there someone?” Is there someone? I repeat the question to myself.

“Yeah. I don’t know. There was this guy I’ve met when I was still in Korea. I’ve met him when dad needs my help but I refuse it. And I felt guilty about it.”

“What happened to this guy?”

“Well, He is an Idol in Korea. He’s super rich. He is the leader of the boy group called “Big Bang” and known all over the world. He is stubborn, he always make me feel annoyed every time we see each other.”

“Maybe, he is just being a good friend to you. You just misunderstood it in other way.”

“I can’t tell. I saw him this morning Mom. But before that, yesterday when Bom and I were in EK I saw some things that remind me of him. It’s like fate. I don’t know. I’m confused. “

“I think this guy loves you.” Jiyong loves me?

“You think?”

“Yeah. Maybe he was exerting effort for you because he loves you not just because you two are in arranged marriage.”

“How did you know about that?”

“Well, you said earlier.”

“I don’t know what to do or what to think”

“Oh my baby girl is really growing now. So simple Dara. Just follow what your mind is showing and show what your heart really feels for this man. Nothing will be losing if you try. If it failed then accept it and then move on and find another.”

“Mom” mom is the only word I can say for now. I don’t know how to react. Things are really confusing right now. I think Jiyong need to talk about what we really have for each other. Do I love him? Does Jiyong love me?