Firsts

"Nadine!" Yassi, my bestfriend, called.

"Coming! Wait for me." I said while I bid Mom and Dad goodbye.

School just ended and my friends and I decided to go on a vacation. I'm not actually an 'outdoor-sy' person and honestly, I planned on just tapping the screen of my phone during the whole summer.

And yes, I was forced to go with them. My mom and dad wanted me to experience 'adventure and fun'. Well, I am having fun. Just tweeting and posting photos on Instagram all day in my room. Isn't that fun? No wonder they let me go with Yassi and our friends.

We arrived in Bicol in just 3 hours from our house. As soon as we got to the hotel, I sat on the bed, got my phone out from my pocket and started scrolling.

I was looking at the photos of my other friends when Yassj grabbed my phone and raised it up, out of my reach with her right hand.

"Hey! Yassi! Yassi, give it back!" I shout at her and tip-toed to reach my stolen phone.

"No. I won't give this back to you! You know what? You're to attached to your phone. Why don't you give yourself a break. Look, are you going with us or not? Our friends and I are going to take pictures of the sunset near the beach." She said that made me roll my eyes. But, she does have a point. Okay. I do want to go outside.

"Fine. Just give me my phone back and I'll go change my clothes." I said while opening my bag and getting clothes.

"Here. Follow us nalang sa lobby okay? We're going to get some food and we'll go." She said while handing me my phone.

I entered the bathroom as I heard the door close.

• • •

"Wow. Now that is beautiful." I said with sparkling eyes.

Yes, I am pertaining to the sunset.
Not wasting another second, I got my phone out from my bag and started taking pictures. In case you didn't know, I'm really OC with my Instagram feed so~ yeah.

"Nice huh?" I heard Andrei, also one of my friend who is a good photographer by the way.

I nodded in response and saw him take out his camera and took pictures of the beautiful sunset.

"Nadine, selfie?" Yassi called out.

"Sure!"

We both posed at the camera, with her in a duck face and me, with a peace sign.

We took a few more pictures as a group and headed back.

"Okay guys! I think that's enough fun for today. Let's go back sa hotel and go grab some dinner." Yassi informed everyone and we all went inside the van.

• • •

"I'm full." Ivan said while he let out a loud burp that made us laugh.

After we finished dinner, we made our way back to our rooms and freshened up because Yassi has 'other' plans for tonight. I remember her saying:

"I'm not wasting our first night here in Bicol. We have to make this memorable especially for you since it is your first time. You should learn how to enjoy life, Nadine! We're young! We're free to do whatever we want! So? Are you coming with us or not?"

"You promise me we won't get into trouble?" I asked, making sure.

"Of course not! Trust me, girl." giving me a wink.

"You sure?" I asked again.

"YES! How many times do I have to say it? Oh crap, just.. let's just go, okay? Let's go."