Firsts 2.0

I feel the sun's heat on my skin. The ocean's so blue and clear. I look to my right and I see everyone in their two piece bikinis.

Everyone except me. I'm wearing a blue rushguard paired with shorts, a hat, a small blanket wrapped around me and neon flip flops.

"Ugh. Nadine! What in the world are you wearing?" Yassi shouted, sounding irritated.

"A rashguard. Can't you see?" I asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"Nadine, I know you know what I meant. "

I just roll my eyes at her.

"Okay." She said putting her hands on her waist. "Come with me, dear." She took my hand and pulled me back to our small room.

"What are we doing here?" I asked for the second time. "I'm going back. This is a waste of time."

"No! You're not going anywhere until you get rid of that.." she said eyeing me from head to toe.

"Well, what the hell am I supposed to wear?" I asked while putting my hands on my waist.

"No worries. I brought two in case incidents like these would happen." She said while opening her bag taking out two 2-piece swimsuits.

"No. There's no way in hell I'm going to wear those." I said while looking at the bikinis like it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

"What? Uh-uh, you have no choice. Now, go change." Yassi shoved me inside the bathroom before handing me one of the bikinis.

A few minutes later, I went out  and she was clapping like a seal the moment I walked out.

"Oh. My. God. Nadine, you didn't tell me you were hot!" she gasped.

"Are you serious? Is this okay?" I asked having second thoughts on what I was wearing.

"More than okay, you look great, Nadine! Trust me."

I smiled and said "You really think so?".

"Uh-huh. Now let's go outside. I can't wait." She said excitedly.

• • •

The moment I walked out, I felt extremely uncomfortable.

Not just because I'm wearing a two-piece swimsuit revealing my belly and legs.

I can feel stares on me. So I whispered to Yassi "Everyone is looking at us."

"Yes, honey. I can see that. That's usually what people do when they see hot girls. Like us!" she smiled.

Well, I'll get used to this. Someday.

• • •

"Nadine, smile!" she said taking a picture of me with her camera. We were swimming for quite a while now and her camera's full of our pictures.

"I'm getting a little tired from swimming. Is it okay if sit down? I'll just take a quick rest." I said.

She nodded in response and said, "Of course. I'm a bit hungry too. I'll grab us some snacks. Wait for me okay?"

"Yes, ma'am." I said playfully while saluting to her like an officer. We both laughed like schoolgirls.

We got out of the water and I sat down on the shore.

I felt the soft sand against my skin. I saw some shiny seashells and how they glimmer underneath the sunshine.

I got up and took one.  But as I was taking the first one, I saw two more and another and another. I followed the trail of seashells, getting them one by one. I didn't have a pocket so I had a handful of seashells.