Sol 12

Log Entry: Sol 12

I'm over this dumb planet and Watney's stupid jokes. This morning he pulled me out of bed at 5:00am just to tell me a stupid joke about Botany! Out of all of the Ares III crew to be stuck on Mars with, I'm stuck with Watney... Why couldn't I have been stranded with Johanssen? She is like a sister to me after all of the training we've been through.

Watney: "are you talking about me, again?"
"Go away Mark, I don't intrude on your logs, so stay out of mine, please"

Anyway back to the game plan... Oh yeah! I don't have one. Jeez I feel like Mark might actually be ahead of me in his work for once...

Watney: "I heard that!"

"Shut up!"

But my job is the hard one, I have to gain communication with Earth, which I can't do because the MAV isn't here. Without the MAV I can't communicate and without the thing that Mark tried to kill himself with I still can't communicate to Earth or Hermes. Thanks Mark!

Anyway it's getting pretty late and I still have a lot of thinking to do... It's been 5 Sols and  I still can't come up with a plan that will work. Maybe I'll have to go talk to Mark. But until then, talk to you later guys.

Log Entry closed.

"So I over heard that you communications plan isn't going to well?" Mark said wiping the sweat of his forehead. He'd been finishing off putting dirt in the Hab for the last few Sols.

"Not at all..." I sighed throwing him his packet of water. "It's kind of hard when your crew mate got impelled with the communication antenna." I said. "Don't worry we'll figure it out, we're astronauts. We always figure stuff out" I finished.

There was a moment of silence before Mark decided to be... Well Mark! "Was this your plan all along?" He raised his eyebrow with is famous smirk. "To get stuck on a planet with only me? I mean come on who wouldn't" I could tell he was holding back a laugh.

"Firstly, it was never my intention to get stuck on Mars and Secondly, If I had a choice I would have chosen Beck" I said.

"Yeah, me too" he smiled.

Mark your a son of bitch.