Chapter 2- I Think I'm Gonna Die

It was 1:15 am. Unexpectedly my phone rang. I answered the  phone and it was Edwin's mom.

"Hello?"

"Hi sweetie is Edwin there?" She sounded really worried.

"Uhm…" 

I'm not sure what I was going to tell. I looked at Edwin and he said that I should tell to her that he's not present.

"Yup. He's here".

"Alice! Why! Why did you do this to me!!?? I'm your own flesh and blood..!" Edwin overreacted.

"Sorry.. even if you're my best friend I'm not going to lie with your mom you know. Anyways she sounded really worried about you," I answered.

I gave the phone to Edwin and I could hear his mom's voice scolding him. Somehow I regret saying the truth. But oh well truth hurts.

him-  "Mom. Mom. Calm down. I'm leaving ok? "

her-  "Oh you better be!"

him-  "Yup.I'm leaving." (I'm leaving and I'll go to my friend's house next) He chuckled.

her-  "What are you laughing about?!!"

him-  "Nothing. Ok I'm gonna leave >:]]"

her-  "I'm waiting for you young man! Or else you're grounded for a month! You can't drive your car! No computer and allo-"

him - "Love you ma!"

>>---*call ended*--- *toot*----<<

Edwin ended the conversation even though his mother isn't finish yet. Ok, that's what you call "being rude."

"Yup. She loves me." Edwin said 

"Hey Alice gotta go! I'm sure my friend's waiting for me." 

"Ok see you around!  H-hey what? Your friend?"

"Edwin! Wait! I thought-"

He jumped into my window and went to his car immediately.

I-I thought you're going home?! I shouted trying to catch his attention while he started driving his car. But it didn't work. I think he can't hear me until his car was ready to take off.

"Goodbye my sweet little baby!" He waved his free hand.

And off he go.

I guess I was wrong about earlier when I said that he's a noble, sweet, funny, innocent, Australian man. 

Sigh.. what should I do next? 

It was late midnight and  I know that I shouldn't be going anywhere. But I can't sleep this time and so I put on my navy blue jacket with my matching black sneakers. I passed through our hallway silently so that my parents wouldn't see me. (ninja mode)  I opened the main door gently so that I can go outside and after that I locked the main door with my silver key.

That was fun. I enjoyed sneaking around and then escaping like a ninja especially when it's late midnight. I was the only one walking around  our street. I put on my earphones as I listen to my favorite music. 

>-------------------------------------After 30 minutes-------------------------------------------<

I checked on my phone and it was 1:50 am. Still no one's around. And  it's getting colder than  I thought. I stopped listening to my favorite music and  started to walk on the other side of the road.

Suddenly, I heard some footsteps.

...

...

...

...

...

...

I turned around to see if someone's following me..

My heart started to beat fast. I-I can't explain what was happening. He was looking at me strangely and I think something bad will happen. I'm sweating like a pig! Even though it's cold outside. What should I do? Should I call the police?

I couldn't see him clearly but he was tall and mysterious. He was holding something but  I don't know what is it. Maybe it's a knife? Or a gun? Oh my gosh! *o*  I think he's going to kill me. Not again! =<