The News

"See, nothing to fear!" Jake told Lt. Harkskold as the giant hangar doors shut behind us with a loud CLANG. Lt. Harkskold didn't reply. The hoverspeeder slowly touched down on the landing pad with a slight jolt.

                        "Thank goodness that's over!" Kaylen exclaimed. He was really looking forward to going back to his chamber and relaxing. Slowly the hoverspeeder's door opened with a whoosh and some creaking.

   "Let's go cash in our loot, boys!" said Collin excitedly.

    "Easy for him to say." Jake grumbled as he stepped off the hoverspeeder onto the sleek silver metal hangar floor.

       The hanger in which they where in was a ginormous complex around a hundred feet high and three hundred feet wide. It had windows lining the top on the sides where the control rooms were. In the front were five rows of gangplanks at different heights, so ships of any size could unload their passengers.

              After getting their loads, the group started heading towards the doors on the bottom, for their ship was small enough for them to get off onto the bottom of the hangar. Pedro stayed behind to park the hoverspeeder. It disappeared into the bunker as the group opened the doors leading inside the bunker. Inside was a short hallway with two elevators on both sides and another door at the end. Kaylen entered the elevator on his left along with Jake and Loban. He typed in SL1 to transport them to the salvaging level where they would redeem the junk they found. The inside of the elevator was pure white which was lit by an unknown source. It was also very cramped with all of their salvage stuffed inside. Kaylen wished the elevator would hurry up.

                             Finally, the elevator reached its destination and let the doors open with a ding. Kaylen stumbled out into the large Salvaging Chamber. In the center were the booths where the salvagers exchanged what they had found for credits. Then they used the credits to buy things like their sleeping chambers, food, and other necessities and enjoyments.

                    Kaylen sighed as he looked at the line of waiting salvagers. It'd take him at least thirty minutes to get his credits. Was it even worth it for his meager load? Sighing, Kaylen stepped onto the end of the line.

  "Hey, I'm having a party tonight in party chamber PTYc187 to celebrate my find!"  Collin said, walking up behind him.  "Great!" Kaylen replied. Now he'd have something to look forward to tonight. After what seemed like forever, Kaylen collected the 75 credits he's gotten and wearily trudged back to the elevator to get to his apartment. He selected RL76c, the floor that he lived on.

                     There were over a hundred buttons on the elevator, each leading all the different sections of Bunker 31. After another mild eternity, the elevator arrived at his floor. Residential Level 76c was a collection of apartments with pristine white corridors with apartments on both  sides. The corridors also had that strange lighting like the elevator, well-lit but with no apparent source. He walked down the corridors until he finally reached his apartment. It was nothing particularly bad or good, just a normal lower credit apartment. He kept it well and up to bunker standards, unlike some people he knew.

                                      His neighbor, Mr. Gradshnike, made his apartment  look almost as bad as the ruined buildings he salvaged. After entering his apartment, he flopped down onto his bed and let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness that was over! Since there was still some day left(the Bunker's directors told the time and made the lighting dim in the night and  turn on in the day)

                         Kaylen decided to watch some television.

                                  There were only two channels, the News channel and the Entertainment channel for little kids(which was technically a propaganda channel for the directorate) which featured shows like "The Junior Directors",  "The Salvagers",  and "Schampsy the Directorate-loving Bear".  Kaylen decided to watch the news channel. He flicked the tv on.  He was stunned by the leading story:

"BUNKER 12 ATTACKED AND INFILTRATED BY HORDE!!!!"