The Decision Isn't Yours

It had been two weeks since I gave Liam the news of his child and my mind was gone ballistic. I keep switching from keeping it to adoption to abortion.

I don't want he or she to ruin Liam's life but if I keep it, i'm going to need support from him, obviously not emotionally from the last conversation. But I also don't want to look like a gold digger. If I wait for adoption, what if people find out and accuse me of not loving my child enough to keep him or her.

And then there's abortion. My parents won't have to know, it will kill anything left between Liam and I, and i'm also killing another being, even if it's not born yet. I wouldn't be able to life with my murderous actions. So now i'm down to two options. Keep or adoption. I have know idea what I want to do and my parents are coming back in four weeks. How will I hide my baby bump then? 

I sat up in bed, looking at my clock on the wall.  I've been at this for literally all day. Standing up, I walked over to my mirror and lifted my shirt. It doesn't look like anything which is good so far. I padded my bare feet across my floor and down the stairs to find Sierra passed out on one couch and Hannah on the other. I grabbed a pillow that was stacked neatly on the floor and flung it at Sierra. She twitched, mutter some rather profound words before sitting up. I lightly tapped on Hannah's shoulder.

"Hannah, I need to go do something."

"What is it?" She mumbled, sitting up in the process as well.

"What? Only I get the pillow to the back of my head?" She complained before getting up and heading toward our toilet.

"I need to go to the clinic downtown." I muttered. Her eyes widened in surprise as she should up, coming face to face with me.

"Are you sure sweetie. I'm not stopping you, but it's a big decision that needs time to make. I would hate to see you end up unhappy over this."

"I'm sure." I nodded in agreement before walking back up the stairs to change into pants and a tee shirt with my brown jumper over my top. My hair was pushed back into a lopsided bun. By the time I put on my boots and walked downstairs,Hannah and Sierra were already there waiting for me with warm smiles.

We all hopped into the car and make our way downtown to the clinic. I was nervous, and a little bit nauseous, but had already come to this conclusion several times, whether I liked it or not. This was for the good of everyone else. Hannah parked in a close by spot. I quickly unbuckled, but stopped myself from opening the door when I saw someone outside. I ducked my head and looked over at Sierra.

"I need your sunglasses and sweater." I simply stated. She looked out of my window and quickly handed them over before telling Hannah to stay in the car with her. I quickly slipped on both disguises and exited the car, trying not to draw attention to me, especially from Conner and Lacey. I saw them both hand in hand. You know what, it doesn't bother me. She can have him and lose one of her best friends in the process.

I shook my head as I passed them, watching as they entered a pet shop next door to the doctor's clinic. As my hand met the bar of the door. I tried relaxing by letting out a long deep breath, but it didn't settle my nerves.

I entered the clinic, making a b-line to the counter. Along with clipboards with papers on them, condoms in a box were placed with a little sign the read 'If Abstinence Can't Wait'. Oh Jesus, not the time. The lady behind the counter look at me, then at the condom box.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a pen and clipboard, walking over to an open seat. I scribbled down my name at the top along with my age, how far along I was, and stopped when it asked me what my reason was for abortion. I slowly marked 'not married' and 'teen pregnancy'.