New Roomie & Cheaters

Not an inch of my body moved, I stayed where I was from the moment I heard the name "Trisha". I wasn't sure of what to do. I did my best to remain calm and not cry, I was successful so far. Maybe because only a few seconds had passed or maybe because I was a strong woman. Wait no, there was no way I was strong.

"Trisha, are you guys a thing?" I asked, slowly and carefully.

The moment Tyler was about to answer, I ran out of his office. Why did I run? I felt as if tear were about to come out of my eyes. That's why. How could I have been so stupid? Of course Tyler would still be seeing Trisha, he wanted to have sex with her. I ran to the elevator, managing to get through the whole floor with heels. My hands went to my shoes, taking them off after pushing the "1★" button. The advantage was that the building was empty due to lunch time. No one would have to see me be weak and crying like crazy. I can't believe I fell for a guy so quickly. Never again.

When I got to my apartment, I got in and threw myself on the couch. The person who texted me hadn't arrived yet, maybe she canceled. I grabbed a glass of water and drank it, trying to make my voice sound as if I never cried. With a tissue, I took off all my running makeup. I called Tyler, he didn't pick up, lucky me. So I gave him a voicemail, "hey I won't be coming after work, something urgent came up." I put my phone away and waited for the girl who texted me. Just when I was thinking, a ring went throughout the small apartment. I walked to the door and opened it.

"Hey, I'm Dan.." my voice trailed off as I saw who it was. "Oh my god."

"Hey, I'm Jake."

"I'm sorry no boys."

"Oh come on, I need a place to live."

"I'm sorry, I can't deal with another male."

"Please my parents kicked me out."

"Ugh fine." I opened the door, letting him come in.

He had four suitcases, two bags, and another small bag. Even he had more clothes and stuff than me. We sat down on the white, leather couches.

"So why did your parents kick you out?"

"I'm gay, of course."

"Oh.. oh. Well thank you, you can live here!" I smiled, he could help me with boys.

"Will you help me unpack, please?" Jake begged.

"Nope, unpack it yourself."

"Ugh worst roomie ever."

"Blah, blah, blah. Hey I'm gonna get a snack, maybe I'll help you after."

"Can I have a snack?"

"You gotta help pay for the food, sweetheart."

"I will, after I get paid."

"Where do you work?" I ask as I prepared two sandwiches and got out two bags of chips.

"That is an unhealthy and big snack," Jake commented.

"Whatever, you eating it or not?" I ask.

"Yeah I guess. I'm starving, ever since I came out, I haven't eaten a thing."

"Your parents seriously kicked you out without giving you something to eat. Assholes."

"They don't understand me or accept me. I have no family or friends."

"You have me." I handed him the plate of sandwich and chips.

"Thanks, can I do your makeup?"