Ch 4 Top Hat

"And remember class blah blah equals to blah blah blah!" Said the teacher as I doodle on my notebook of Kiyoshi and me.

I drew Kiyoshi with bunny ears, while I had cat ears. Aren't we just cute together!

As I drew Kiyoshi, I looked at him from the front of my table, then quickly turned back because the teacher will receive a hint and make fun of poor Kiyoshi.

"RING RING" said the bell, giving off its ring of its time to go home now. The students all get up and pack their backpacks, I follow.

"Class, test tomorrow!" Said the teacher as she sat in her chair, begin to write.

Awww mannn, I didn't study.

As I pack my stuff up, I give a one more time to look at Kiyoshi, and notice....

he's looking at me!!

I quickly look away, almost falling off my desk as I lean on it.

I turn to see once again if he's looking at me, but slowly..

As I look at him, we give each other a contact. I look away more faster then ever.

Stop! Why is he still looking at me!!

I slowly put my stuff inside my bag, waiting.. just hoping.. he might look away..

because.. aren't people like me, who have a crush on the other half, look at them more. Its not normal for the other side to stare!!

After a while.. I look around and see.. everyone's gone.

I sigh.

I'm glad.

He scared me with that look he gave me. Finally, with my clothing I'm wearing.  I clean it off with my hands. Look forward, and walk out the classroom door.

As I walk out the door, I feel a small tug on my backpack. I turn around, and see this top white hat on my desk. I look around to see if anyone's just decided to put it for a joke or something. I look at it, touch it, then look it again.

"This is strange..." I mumble as I look at the white top hat again.

Hmm I have this feeling... this feeling that what if..

What if I take it home?

I slowly touch it then get a hold of it.

_______________________

As I walk home, I quickly go up the small steps, and open my homes door.

"Hey darling! How's school!"
It's my mom, she's sitting on the couch, drawing.
My mother loves to draw.
It's just funny how she drew so much stuff for my dad.
Or both of them or there moments together.
"Hello! And good! What you drawing?" I said as I tilt my head and come close to look at her drawing.
I see a girl, she looks just like me, but instead she has someone next to her.
"You and what I think will be your future boyfriend." She said as she excitedly twirled her paint brush while continuing to color it out.

I look closer at it. I'm wearing a light pink dress while holding hands with my so called future guy.
The guy looks nothing like Kiyoshi.
Lucky I didn't tell my mom I liked Kiyoshi or she will draw him out or tell me to get him.

Yes.. my mom was the type who would confess to guys first in my age. She didn't care about the traditional stuff. My grandmother did, but she didn't care. Well, lucky my dad made it in time to confess to her first. Funny thing was, she said no, only to ask to confess to him instead.

"Do you think your boyfriend would be charming or shy?" She said as she stopped painting and look at me, glowing her eyes out at me.
"Hmmm charming? I'm not sure.."
I said, unsure if I needed to give her an answer or not. She laughed.

I looked more closely at the guy in the painting. He had a blond hair and a smile out there. He didn't look so bad.
Reminds me of a man doll I know of. 

"Hey what's that in your hand? An ideas for my drawing perhaps?" She said as she didn't look at me but knew what I had in my hand all along.

"A white top hat, for... for... my science project!" I said as I tried to make my best excuse as I can.
She laughed again and said "Great, just like her father. I'm gonna use that hat for my drawing if you don't mind. Of course you won't hehe" She looked back at me and winked.

I smiled back awkwardly and ran upstairs. I stopped, opening my bedroom door.
My bedroom is very small, and very light too.
Like imagine this regular room you would see but smaller, and with light blue walls.
As I walked inside my room, I placed the top hat on my desk then laid on my bed.

I looked up at the white celling... thinking of him..

.....Kiyoshi...

Why... Why can't you notice me...

"Or maybe I need myself to get him to notice me.."  I mumbled as I looked up.

"Darling, he's a joke!"

I quickly got up from my bed and looked around.

Was... was that a guy's voice I just heard..

I don't have brothers so...

"Am I going crazy!" I said out loud to see if that voice can be heard again.

"Yes with him you are." I turned to the sound of the voice and saw the top white hat. 

I look at it then tried touching it once more.

Suddenly.. The hat begin to float..