Messed up

I watched Astrid walk into our hut and talk to the kids. When she finally announced that I was alive I walked in and they all lit up with smiles like it was A holiday.
"Daddy! You're alive! Daddy's," I chuckled and Ruffles Asmunds hair then looked at Ingrid. "So what I've heard, you decided to sneak off?" She gave me an innocent look and I laughed. I couldn't be mad at that. She sure was like her mother.

After talking to he kids some more I noticed that astrid seemed to slipped away. I got up and excused myself, after quickly making sure the gang would keep close eyes on the kids I went to Astrids room, and found her packing.

Immediately I rushed over my peg leg making obvious sound as I gently grabbed her by the shoulders, and before I could turn around I found myself flipped and on the ground with Astrid hovering over me. "Wh-" I gave a slight chuckle and she kissed me.

After our kiss I shook my head. "You and your violent kisses." Astrid smiled at me then quickly got back up and continued to pack, putting the more pressing matter at hand re appear.

Slowly I got up and closed her suitcase, turned her around.

"Astrid, what in Odins name are you doing?" I exclaimed.

She brushed off my hand, continued to pack and replied seemingly irritated
"Packing, what does it look like?"

"What do you mean packing!? Astrid you're giving me mixed signals, you just kissed me and now your leaving!?"

At this Astrid whipped around and I knew she had it in for me.

"Hiccup, you died. You're dead to me. Okay? I had to go through a traumatizing event were I lost my husband, and my kids nearly died. Did you ever notice, how since the moment we've been together, so many things have been getting in our way? Remember the time you nearly died and so did I and we kept getting kidnapped!?"

"Bu-"

"No buts, Hiccup! We can't have a moment of peace before Berk explodes into chaos people trying to kill us every single second. And after you died you know what happened? I was scared. Scared for so many reasons, and Berk was in chaos."

"I was scared that I couldn't handle the kids alone. I was scared that Berk would over throw whoever became chief. I was scared my kids were in danger and I was afraid that they would die!"

"We-"

Astrid cut me off, not finished speaking,

"Hiccup, not everything can be fixed with simplicity. The right choices aren't always easy! Sometimes they're hard! So I need a break. I don't know if it's forever. I just need alone time. Not only that but every time we're together, our kids are in tremendous danger!! I cannot put anyone in danger anymore. I don't know if this is for good but I'm leaving." With that, before I could say anything, still awestruck by the heavy blow of what she had said, she walked out of the room.

This wasn't supposed to happen. Suddenly Toothless walked in and gently nudged me. He seemingly sensed what had happened. I looked at him and shrugged. "I don't know. " I walked out of the room with Toothless and saw that Astrid was explaining to the kids she had to take a short vacation, I could obviously tell Ingrid wasn't buying into it.

She got up and walked out, I followed her but found a crowd of people stopping me, letting Astrid get through. They had heard I was alive and started to bombard me with questions.

"Hiccup? What happened?"

"Where's Astrid going?"

"Is that really Hiccup?" I heard someone whisper to another.

To my relief I saw my good time friend Eret, step out of the crowd,

"Hiccup? What's happening?"

"Astrid needs a vacation. I need to get her back, but first what the heck happened?"

I listened while watching Astrid fly off on Stormfly, knowing nothing good could come from this.