Chapter 7 Serial Stalker

This is a long one, lol. I had fun writing this chapter, thought it was pretty funny. I've been busy so I literally just finished editing the chapter, hope you like it. Oh and if I get some cool comments I might just post a chapter I've been working on from Daren's POV. 

Oh and thank you all for your comments and votes, and enthusiasm for the story. I love it all, can't get enough.

Happy Readings.

Chapter 7

Serial Stalker

Well I couldn't say Daren wasn't a man of his word. The next day he showed up at the clinic again. I walked in at the start of my shift, around 3 to find him supporting his weight on an elbow against the counter, left foot crossing over the right. For a split second of insanity on my part, I'd actually admired the view. His back was to me as he conversed casually with Karen and those dark wash jeans hugged his muscular rear end very nicely.

"Hey Em." Karen greeted me with a warm smile.

"Your friend Daren was just telling me about your car accident. You never told me anything about it." There wasn't judgement in her eyes, only concern. Karen was in her early forties and a mother of two.

Daren turned to look at me, a half smirk lifting the corner of his mouth.

"Hi. Em." He accentuated my name smugly. As if saying 'see I found out your name whether you told me or not.' Not that I didn't expect him to find out, it was just the principle of it.

I narrowed my eyes, not bothering with a response as I brushed past him to the desk. His eyes stayed on me the whole way.

"Yeah, it was no big deal. I'd forgotten about it." I shrugged, nonchalantly.

"Well I'm very happy you're both okay, that could've been ugly." It already was ugly. I thought to myself.

"Thank you Karen, I just wish Em's car hadn't suffered the worst of it. I feel terrible about it."

I glared, meeting his eyes. In the few minutes he'd been here he had already manage to get Karen under his spell. She was a very sweet person and sometimes cared way too much about people, right now she was all smiles for Daren.

"I bet you do." I murmured.

"Sorry honey, you say something?"

I smiled at Karen.

"Just asking how he is doing, he did take a big hit to the head." Not big enough.

Karen immediately turned her attention to Daren.

"Yeah, I mentioned to Karen that my neck has been sore all week." He winced, making a show out of massaging the back of his neck.

"Oh dear, let's take a look at you sweetheart. Em honey, would you prep one of the rooms and take Daren's vitals for me?" I clenched my teeth.

"Sure..." She disappeared around the corner, going into doctor mode.

I snapped my head in Daren's direction, shooting daggerds at him.

"Lead the way angel face." I had to fight the urge to slap the victorious smile off his face.

I strode up to him pointing my finger.

"Stop playing games Maddox. This is my job and unlike some people I need it to pay my bills."

He didn't even flinch. Instead he moved his head forward, just a few inches from my face.