Chapter five: The calm before the storm.

Ok guys, this is going to deviate quite a bit from the actual story. Fair warning, no bitching.

Arneths POV.
It is dark and silent in the throne room. Why wouldn't it be, everyone retired for the night some time ago. Tonight is the night that I put my plan into action otherwise it would be too late! I tip toe down the hall towards the Kings chambers, cracking the door open slightly I creep inside. I probably look very strange right now as I look over my brother while he sleeps. I smile gently as I commit his face to memory, this could be the last I see him for a while if I ever see him again. I crouch down and plant a kiss on his forehead before placing an envelope on his pillow and high tailing it out of there. Stopping outside the door, I take a few deep breaths and move on to my next stop, Legolas's room. I can imagine this one being significantly harder. I push the door open gently as I peek around it and see my beloved elf passed out on the bed. He must not have gotten much rest lately. I repeat the actions I did in Aragorn's room and I swiftly leave, this time with tears rolling down my cheeks. I pause outside Gandalf's room on my way back to the throne room. I don't trust that he wouldn't wake up so I gently push an envelope under the door. I place my hand gently against the door for a few seconds before I make my way back to the throne room, back to the palantír. Pausing, I take a deep breath before placing my hand over it.
Arneth darling, what a pleasant surprise. I hear the dreaded voice in my head. I pray that this damn act will work.
Forgive me my Lord, for I was blind to your power.
I tried telling you my dear, now tell me how your gift works.
Please my Lord, I have no gift save one. Myself, I give myself to you if you will have me my Lord.
I can feel him thinking, he suspects something.
I cannot help but wonder my dear, what has brought this sudden change. Now for the story I prepared earlier.
The Wizards spell was broken when he was faced with the Witchking. I am no longer under his spell my Lord, I am free to show my devotion to the one I love. To you my Lord.
It is almost as if you can feel his sense of triumph through the connection we have.
Come to me Arneth, come to your love.
I shall leave presently my Lord.

With that I take my hand off the palantír and head back to my room

With that I take my hand off the palantír and head back to my room. Once there I dress in the black dress and cloak that I asked Laura to male earlier. She gave me a strange look when I asked her to have it ready for tonight. Earlier on I snuck out and tacked Brego up. Once I was dressed I ran barefoot to the stable, pausing to put on my shoes I lead Brego out of his stable to the level below the Citadel. Swinging myself up onto Brego I ride sidesaddle towards the lower levels. With the lower wall destroyed the second level serves as the guard watch. One of the guards shouts down for me to turn around as he descends the stairs. He is of the Rohirrim. I look at him with sad eyes. "I am truly sorry," he looks confused. "Go open the gate, you will not say anything to anyone until asked. If you have not been asked then say nothing. Go!" I order him. Just like all the others who have been subjected to my orders he follows them. As I passed through the gates I push Brego into a gallop. Stopping near Osgiliath I pull Brego to a halt and look back to Minas Tirith. Turning around I pull the hood up on my cloak and push Brego forward again. We rode all night and the sun was just beginning to rise over the horizon when the black gates of Mordor came into view. I am curious as to how I am supposed to marry someone who doesn't have a physical form but we shall see what is to occur. Brego has halted and tries to pull back. I slide off him and grab his reins and, pulling his head down, I place my forehead against mine. "Run home Brego. Back to Minas Tirith. Noro lim Brego, (run fast Brego)," I say and he takes off. I start to move towards the gate when I look up and spot a hooded figure standing on top of the gate looking down, looking at me.