Chapter 4

(20 minutes later)

Your dad had left your room a few minutes ago and you managed to fall asleep, you woke up to someone coming upstairs.

Roc's P.O.V

I just got home to my dad sitting on the couch with a full beer bottle in his hand, and passed out. I wish he would stop doing this, for mine and Ari's safety. I was halfway to the stairs when dad woke up.

Dad: " Where were you?"

Me: "Friends." *goes upstairs*

Ari's P.O.V

I was just laying in my bed, and blood no doubt, crying silently. I heard the front door close then nothing, after a few minutes I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, dad, or at least I thought. I finally got enough strength to get up but only to fall back down, I grabbed my razor blade and climbed back into bed, laying there, almost completely naked, bloody, weak, and in pain, I twirled my blade between my index finger and my thumb, planning my death. Just like I said earlier, I wanted an escape, and this was the answer. The footsteps were becoming louder, closer, and faster. The person knocked on my door but I didn't answer, didn't even try to. Dad never knocked, was it Roc? Did he finally come home? Oh well I didn't care. Maybe if I lay still and be quiet he'll go away......nope I was wrong, he came in.

Roc: "Ari?" *sees the blood and Ari* "Oh My God! ARI!?!?"

Ari: *barely audible* "What Roc?"

Roc: " What happened? Did dad do this to you?"

Ari: *twirling blade, and rolls over* "Dad? That monster downstairs is dad now?"

Roc: "Why do you have that?" *points toward the razor*

Ari: " What do you think, if you wanted to die, but didn't want anyone to know, you would go silently, wouldn't you?"

Roc: *starts crying* "Ari please don't, I need you. Who's going to keep me sane, and make me smile when I'm mad or even sad? Ari please don't do it."

Ari: *crying* "Roc no one wants me, I have nothing to live for, you don't even talk to me like you used to when we were younger. I miss the old you, the one remembered my birthday, protected me from boys, and all that stuff and now you don't even do that. You want to know what I got on my birthday, nothing, all that happened was I got raped by a bottle by that thing downstairs and a hug from you. That was it, I did everything for you on your birthday. "

Roc: "Ari I told you, I've been a bad brother, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for forgetting your birthday, and for only giving you a hug. Ari I take you for granted and I don't realize it until afterwards and I shouldn't be doing that. Let me make it up to you."

Ari: " By doing what? My birthday is already half over."

Roc: " Ari its only 3:30, you still got time. Come on please let me take you out on your birthday like a good brother, let you get anything you want, go anywhere you want, anything you want to do, we'll do it. Get dressed be ready in a hour, I'll be downstairs waiting."

Ari: *shocked * "Um okay, can you turn around please?"

Roc: " Ari come on I've seen your pajamas, they're not embarrassing."

Ari: " I'm not in my pajamas. I'm not in anything actually..."

Roc: "Ugh ew why would you tell me that!?"

Ari: *laughs softly * "Just turn around."

Roc: "I think I'll wait outside. "

Ari: "Okay, see you in an hour."

Roc: "Yeah." *leaves*