Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I didn't sleep very easy that night. We weren't leaving. Alex and Paul thought that it wouldn't be good. Alex actually thought I should continue my friendship with Lincoln. Why would she say something like that. What if they found out about me? Of course they would. I was their oppurtunity that got away.

I slept with tears in my eyes and fear in my veins. I tossed and turns as my dreams turned into nightmares.

I was in a lab, surrounded by tubes and beakers and coloured liquids and computers. I saw Alex and Paul, while they were still Megan and John O'Blien. They were wearing lab coats and watching something in a large tube extremely closely.

As I moved closer to them I saw what was inside, it was…me. It was me, while I was a baby, inside the CIA's labs.

When I woke up, I wiped the sweat from my forehead. I looked at the clock. 3:30am. It was dark outside. My cutains were still shut, but from I saw the sillouette of something fluttering outside my window. I moved over to the window, my feet thudding across the cold floor.

I pulled back the curtains and opened the window. Sure enough a note was stuck to a string and attached to the hinge of my window. I pulled it off and read my name on the envelope, in neat familiar handwriting. Trinity. I tore open the envelope and pulled out the white slip of paper.

Dear Trinity,

I really had fun tonight. I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school. I can't wait until Friday.

-L

I felt anger boiling in me. I scrunched up the paper and threw it into the bin. I shut the window and grabbed my backpack, i changed into a pair of jeans and black checkered top. I tip toed out of my room and pulled on my Chuck Taylors when I was by the door. I picked up the car keys from the key hanger.

I ran out and unlocked the car. I jumped into the drivers seat and started the ignition. I had to be careful. Sure I didn't have my liscence, but I knew how to drive, of course I knew how to drive, it was part of the training Alex and Paul had given me these past two years.

I pulled out and took backstreets. As I pulled onto the highway I turned on the radio. I need to tget out of town. Away from the buzz. I couldn't risk getting close to Lincoln and just being crushed.

I took out my phone and threw it onto the passenger seat. The sceen fashed. Revealing a message from Alex.

I knew you took the car. Use the fake liscence we gave you if you get caught. I won't force you to come back, but be careful. Please, and come back soon.

I let out a sigh. I wouldn't be coming back for awhile. Not until I knew everything baout me. I knew the basics, but I wanted details. I wanted to know who's genetics were in me. Who's idea this whole thing was. To do that, I needed to go to the source, Washington.

Sure it was dangerous, reckless and probably a very dumb desicion, but I needed to know. Now moe than ever. I needed to know how involved Lincoln was. I needed to know what I could do to rid myself of the CIA forever. I needed to know what i could do, to have a normal life. I didn't have a choice anymore. I would be 18 in a matter of months. It was time I knew everything.

As the sun began rising I pulled into a little diner for breakfast. The place was quaint. On the outskirts of Massachusetts. I sat down at one of the booths and scanned the menu. I opened up my backpack and dug out my wallet. As I picked out what I wanted a waitress in a pink uniform approached me.

"What would you like to order darling?" She spoke with a strong country accent and wore a warm smile. I returned her smile and gave her my order.

"Umm…Could I please get, one short stacks, a plate of eggs, scrambled, and a cup of orange juice? Thanks. oh and throw in some bacon too. Thank you."