Chapter 9

Chapter 9

We both hopped out of the car. We met around the front of the car and before I could argue, he enveloped his hand around mine.

I looked up at him in shock. He looked at me, seemingly amused, and used his free hand to comb through his already disheveled hair, "Well we are on a date, are we not?" I rolled my eyes and smirked at his response.

"Ok then, whatever, let's just go enjoy some music." He let out one of his charming laughs and led me to the crowd of people. Everyone was cheering as someone introduced the band, going by the name of Overnight.

The breeze picked up, as the bass started off the intro. It was an unusual decision, but gee was it a good one. I leaned into Linsoln's side as the wind bit at my cheeks. I looked up to see him smiling at me. He released my hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I was feeling better and better by the minute, as the music went on, I felt like there wasn't a care in the world. As the second song in their set started I looked up at Lincoln. I nudged him to catch his attention. "Hey. Let's go?" Lincoln looked down at me surprised, "Where do you want to go?"

I pointed a path out to him, "How about we keep listening? But I want to walk." He smiled down at me, "Ok let's go." He took my hand and steered me to the path. I saw a tree out of the corner of my eye and decided to have a little fun. A mischevious smirk spread across my face, luckily it was dark enough for Lincoln to be oblivious to it. I pretended to stumble and pushed him toward it.

He stumbled into the tree, seeming surprised. He fell down pulling me with him. We landed side by side on the grass, next to the large oak. We both errupted into laughter. As we calmed down I looked over at him, before I could say anything he started, "Did you really think I didn't see that coming?" I laughed at myself, "Of course you would've seen that coming." I pushed myself onto my elbows, looking up at the sky. From the corner of my eye, I saw Lincoln follow.

"Isn't it beautiful tonight?" I looked over at him. Not many guys stopped to smell the roses these days, I was definitetly impressed. "A particulary lovely one." I replied with a warm smile. I stared up at the stars and came up with a wonderful idea. I dug through my bag, looking for my camera. When I came across the black rectangle, I pulled it out and turned it on. "Lincoln, come over here, I want to remember this night for a long time." He looked at me confused, "What do you mean?" He looked down at the camera inmy hand and understanding was evident on his face, "Well…I am quite photogenic." I laughed at his remark and moved closer to him, turning the camera around so that the sky was captured in the picture.

"Cheese."

We both smiled at the lens as I hit the shutter button. As soon as I brought it down Lincoln demanded he see the photo. I showed him and smiled at me, he inspected some of the other photos on my camera and looked at me amazement written all over his face. "Are you some sort of proffessional photographer or what?"

I giggled and blushed at his comment. He was awful nice. How again was I worthy of his company? "In training." I replied. "Didn't you see all the photos on my wall?" He looked up at me questioningly, "What…ohhhh those? Those were taken by you?" He looked at me, eyes even wider. I nodded, amused by his reaction. "Wow. Really? Are you sure? You took those with this thing?" He pointed at the compact camera. I chuckled "No. I use my Canon 7D." I explained. He looked at me, seeming more relaxed. I completely doubled over laughing. I pulled out my phone and checked the time. 7:00. I started standing up looking over at Lincoln, "Well. Let's get going. Since your new in town, there's something i want to show you." I took his hand and pulled him behind me. We both, half ran, half stumbled, all the way to the car.