3.

Your P.O.V
I've been dreaming of this day for as long as I can remember.

My dad comes from a family of people who have joined Dauntless and made it in.

It's a family tradition to enter. Now, I have to participate in these traditions.

Now, I will admit that, I'm a risk taker. But, Dauntless is straight up crazy.

They act like their trying to kill themselves.

Both of my parents were in Dauntless but they died in an *incident.*

Usually, to enter Dauntless they make you go on a train, then they make you jump into a hole.

It's a little bit different this year. We have to jump on a train but not everyone is getting the same challenge.

I stand in the corner of the train.

I'm the first to jump off the train and land on the building.

Everyone else starts jumping onto the roof of the building.

"Alright, I'm Eric. I am one of your instructors." We all turn our attention towards Eric.

"Now, we're adding a spin on this year's entries." Eric states.

"We felt like last year's entries had it too easy." He smirked evilly.

"Now, who wants to go first?" I smirked.

"I'm sorry, is something funny?" He asks me.

"Yeah, this whole thing is. I mean you make it seem like it's a fucking movie. 'We felt like last year's entries had it too easy,' I'm literally dying." I smile and look him right in the eye.

"Well, since you think you're all that and a bag of chips, how 'bout you go first?" He scowled at me. Everyone stares at me.

"I'd be delighted." I said. I walk up to the ledge. I turn around and fall backwards.

I land on a net. This isn't much different from how my parents explained it.

"(y/n) is that you?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

"Ma?"

"Oh yes (y/n)! Come here sweetheart. I have missed you." I turn around and see my mom just around the corner.

"Ma!" I start running towards her but the she throws a knife.

A evil grin appears on her face as she pounces on me.

She wraps her fingers around my neck.

"Ma, get the hell off me! " I choke out.

"Calm down...she's not your mom. This is all fake." I say to myself.

I kick her off of me. I charge at her but she grabs my shirt and flips me over.

She picks me up and throws me at the wall.

I stand up and tackle her. I noticed the knife in the wall that she threw at me.

"(y/n), please!" She begged.

"You're not real." I stabbed her in the chest with the knife. I watch her fade away.

I sit down, looking down at the ground.

As soon as I gather myself together I start walking again. I am soon greeted with someone grabbing my hand and practically dragging me.

"What's your name?" He asks, not looking at me.

"Get the hell off me and I'll tell you!" We stop dead in out tracks and he lets go of me. He looks me in the eyes

"Of course it would be you." I flash a smile at the stranger who saved me.

"Ditto." I reply.

We run together until we enter a room.

"We have our first jumper...who refuses to tell me her name." My face lights up.

"Welcome to Dauntless, asshole."