15: Feelings And Fire

There is psychological concept knows as the 'self perception theory.' It means that our brain filters all our negative points and so we fail to see them.

Malvika obviously blames him for everything because she doesn't see where she went wrong.
And on the other hand, Waqas couldn't see his fault until he had a reason to reflect upon his actions for someone else's sake.

HappyReading

WAQAS' POV

The tyres screeched against the road as I applied the breaks just before I was about to run into cars driving in front of me. I didn't even realise the light had turned red already. Not that my brain has been fully functioning lately anyway.

Two flower sellers caught my attention in the rearview mirror and I sighed heavily. Times when we used to talk! Baat bhi Nahi Kar rahi, Pagal.

"Uncle phool Le lo! Taaze Hein!" Soon they came upto me and seeing roses in their hands, I rolled down my window.

"Saare de de," I told the little boy and gave him a five hundred rupee note. Har baar phool Se kaam nahi chalega, you fool! Groaning, I chucked them on the seat next to me.

Someone honked behind me, and I realised the lights had turned green. Zara sabar Nahi hai! I groaned as I drove ahead and soon I was outside the restaurant. Seeing Hussain's car parked outside, I got out of mine and went inside. A man, dressed up in a black suit, opened the door for me and another man led me to Hussain's table. Being an expensive place, only some business men were present in the hall or a few brats, who were clearly wasting their parents' money.

"I see you ordered already," I spoke, looking down at the food. My stomach growled since I hadn't had any breakfast today and even if I had, it's food so I better eat it, right?

"It's mine," Hussain smacked my hand away from the delicious Sweet and sour prawns and pulled the bowl away from me, "I finally got off the stupid diet!"

"I sympathise with you but at least share!" I widened my eyes at him in disbelief.

"Why? Tujhe yeh Nahi, do thappar khaane chahiye," he narrowed his eyes at me and my shoulders dropped instantly. Kisne bataya hoga? Roop ya—

"Megha called me a couple of days ago and I finally got time to meet you," he answered my question, referring to Malvika's annoying little journalist sister.

"I can explain," I sighed, before he could start his rant.

Opening a white napkin, he placed it on his lap and served himself some food, before looking up at me.

"You better," He spoke and I groaned internally. Why?

"I was seriously going to apologise. Bas baat karna chahta tha," I told him, leaning back in my chair.

"Baat? Parking lot main?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I went up to her office, okay? She refused to meet me," I told him; does he not know exactly what happened there?

"Hussain—" I was about to speak when his eyes made it clear that he was not going to believe me. Kaam hi aise Hein mere.

"You know what, screw it," I gritted through my clenched teeth and got up, "there is no point talking to you. You all have just made an opinion about me, and probably that's why she didn't want to hear me out. But I expected much more from you."