34: A Much Needed Coffee

(It's much needed because....... *smirks*)

Hey!!!
Missed me?? No? Ok fine!

I was not busy or anything. If you follow me on social media, you know what I have been up to lately 🙈🙈

....... Continued

"Coming!" I smiled, hearing Roop's voice. She used to yell out like this back then too.

As soon as the door knob twisted, something tickled my insides and  I decided I could return her wallet some other time too. But there was no turning back now because the door was already wide open. She stood in front of me with an apron wrapped around her waist and a wooden spoon in her hand. Her hair were tied up in a messy bun and her jaw was hanging; probably out of surprise.

"Waqas..." She whispered my name after a few moments, forcing my chain of thoughts to break. She widened her eyes slightly, almost making me chuckle at her expression. Same old.

She still looked gorgeous. "Hi... R-Roop," I stuttered.

She looked behind her before stepping aside to let me inside. I should just give her the wallet and leave, a part of me yelled, but I chose otherwise. As soon as I stepped inside, her fragrance engulfed me, making me smile.

"I found your wallet at the mall," I told her and she frowned at me. "You found it? I just finished blocking all my credit cards."

"I guess I should have dropped by earlier then," I shrugged. She was playing with her fingers and I was at a loss of words. What do two people talk about when they meet after years?

Yeah, their life. But I wasn't interested in knowing about her married life.

"Oh and your wallet," I awkwardly extended my arm towards her, realising that I hadn't even given it to her.

"Thanks," She gave me a small smile, "Betho na."

I nodded at her and sat down on the couch behind me. I swear it couldn't get any more awkward than this.

"Kuch loge?"              

Before I realised, a reply escaped my lips; something I was craving for. "Coffee."

She gave me a slight nod and headed towards the kitchen. While she played around with some utensils, I trailed my eyes along the wall with so many photo frames; of Roop, her daughter, the little girl in that photo, and two other people. I did recognise the man from somewhere but not the lady.

"Mumma!" Startled for some reason, Roop dropped something in the kitchen, making a loud sound, as soon as a girl screamed and came running out from one of the rooms.

"What happened?" Roop moved towards her daughter, leaving all the mess around, and cupped her face between her palms.

"Woh Aloo meri doll nahi de rahi," She complained and Roop sighed. Aloo?

"Woh aaj hi aayi hai Duaa, aise lardte nahi hein. Go play with some other toy."

Duaa. I smiled, saying that name inside my head. She was as beautiful as her name.

Duaa huffed, folding her arms and turned to leave but stopped when she saw me. I waved at her awkwardly and she gasped, looking at Roop instantly.

"Mumma yeh toh..." She tugged on to Roop's dress. Maybe she was shy?

"Hi Duaa, you remember me?" I took the initiative to start a normal chat and Duaa nodded. Roop frowned at me and I cleared my throat, "Uhh she and Har—"