40: Reunion

Hey!!

BEFORE YOU KILL ME, READ THIS... I spent all of my January sorting out things, shopping and working because I had a surgery. There were so many things to do other than sitting down in front of my laptop and updating.
My excuse is Valid, ok? Now Please Don't throw rocks, ande, tamatar on me.

Oh by the way, everyone who is still wondering, I live in New Zealand and that is why I was able to wish you guys happy new year at least 7-8 hours before the clock struck 12 in India and Pakistan. Haha

HAPPY READING !!

ROOP's POV

The evening sky had turned pink by the time we reached home. A well maintained garden greeted me as soon as Waqas parked his car. While he stepped out of the car to help Duaa, I inhaled a Deep breath out of nervousness.

We had spent a month at my house while Duaa was recovering and now we finally decided to shift here. It was my decision but now I was nervous. There was this weird feeling in my stomach that once happened right before my Nikkah. As if it's happening all over again; Moving to my in-laws' house and meeting so many relatives.

"Roop?" Waqas tapped on the window, snapping me out of my thoughts. I clumsily fumbled with the belt for a few second before it finally unbuckled and I quickly got out.

"What happened?" Waqas frowned at me and I shook my head, curving my lips upwards in a smile. He shrugged it off and turned around to walk towards the main door.

Each step I took on this thin concrete path, it took me down the memory lane; deeper and deeper. I was going to decorate this house after returning from that—

"Surprise!" My thoughts were cut short when so many cheerful voices made me jump back. I didn't realize when the door opened and everyone came out.

Waqas laughed with them as he made his way through the crowd with Duaa and Aisha pulled me inside.

"Welcome home," she whispered in my ear and there; all the nervousness was gone. I was in my house, with my family.

"Roop!" Rishab blocked my way with a huge bouquet in his hands with Manik beside him.

"Oye, I told you not to call her by her name!" Aisha slapped his shoulder, making me laugh.

"Let him be, Aisha!" I said to her as I accepted the bouquet and hugged Rishab. Another boy brought forward a box of chocolates, making me frown. I hadn't met him before.

"Hi?" I smiled at him, as I slowly took the box from him.

"He is Manik!" Rishab spoke, "yeh thora shy hai issliye kam bolta hai. Aur ye chocolates Duaa le liye hein. Agar use diye toh Jannat isse maar daalegi."

I chuckled at that. "Jannat aisa kyun karegi?"

"Yeh bacche pagal hein," Asmaara interrupted us, "it's a long story, I'll tell you later."

"Ok," I chuckled and looked at Manik, "well, I would love it if you give those to her yourself and she would like that too."

"Duaa is calling you," Preet came toward me and I walked past Rishab and Manik to find Duaa. She was lying on a couch with pillows elevating her leg. She smiled upon seeing me and gestured me to come closer.