Chapter 2

*Daniella's POV

When I get home I grab a sandwich and start my homework. I decided not to tell my mom about what happened because she'll think it's my fault. As always. She also thought that it was my fault I got bullied. My mom was the one who wanted everything to be perfect. She didn't even care when the police called her telling her that her daughter was passed out in the school bathroom.

I finish my homework and hear the doorbell ring. I run downstairs and forget to check on who it is and immediately open it. Michaels standing at my front porch with a paper in his hand. "Here, you dropped this when you stormed out of math." He says calmly, I take the paper and see that the works already done.

"I felt bad for getting you a F so I did it for you." He walks away and I close the door. I run upstairs and ignore Andrews questions about who that was on the door. I check the answers and see that he got all of them right. I put it away and just think about how smart he could be. What was he hiding? Why is he pretending to be such an asshole if he's smart? I ignore my mom as she continues to ask me how school was and head straight to bed. I was too tired to shower so I decided to do that in the morning.

When I wakeup I head straight into the shower then brush my teeth. I let my hair dry and let it go natural. I change into a red floral shirt with ripped light blue jeans and red toms. I walk downstairs and forget to get anything to eat.

I drive by a 7-11 and grab a coffee with a pop tart. When I pull into the school I don't see Michael. I imagine how nice my day would be if he wasn't there. I walk into homeroom and sit next to a nice brunette. "Hey I'm Amanda." She chirps and shakes my hand. "I'm Daniella." I smile and we take our seats and for the rest of the class we talk about Poetry and literature.

When science flys by I decide to skip lunch and finish my homework alone at the table. Michael sits next to me and I ignore him. I struggle as I forget my science questions and try to concentrate. "I really don't like your hair that way."

I roll my eyes and look at him. "I don't like your tattoos, so shut up." I spit. "Well I don't like your fucking scars." He yells and my chest starts to rise heavily. My face is hot and my blood is boiling so I get up and start to walk away while the tears rush down my face. I sit on a bench in the empty hallway and sob in my hands. I didn't think anyone would notice it again but of course an idiot like him would.

I finally stop sobbing as math begins. I walk in the class and I earn a few glances, probably because my eyes were a little red. I sit down and Michael rushes in the classroom. He sits next to me and looks at me, "Where were you I was looking for you." He says heavily breathing. I ignore him and hide my arm.

I finish my assignments early and sit down quietly. After Michael finishes he looks at me and I look down trying not to stare back. When class ends I ignore him calling my name and run to my car and drive home. When I get to my room I see Andrew with his friend, I chuckle in my head because he can find a friend and I still can't. I finish the remains of my homework and decide to walk my dog. I grab him and hook him to the leash and head outside.

I walk around and see Michael's concrete house. I sigh and keep rephrasing what he said. I know my scars are ugly but it's not my fault. I had no one to talk to. My brother wouldn't understand, my dad would just feel sorry for me and my mom would ignore me and talk about herself. I get lost in my thoughts when I bump into Amanda, and gasp. "Sorry." I say and she just smiles. "It's cool, I didn't think you lived around here!"

She chirps, I didn't think half my school lived here either. We walk together and talk about people in school and our families. I didn't get to personal since I just met her but I got her number. She was really nice to me which I wasn't used to. I walked into the house and see my mom babbling on the phone with her work. I get a text from Amanda and read it.