Chapter 16

You might want to listen to this while reading, just a suggestion.. 

http://8tracks.com/lolchristina/harmful-love-a-michael-clifford-fanfic

During the plane ride I avoided as much eye contact as possible, but it wasn't working. Every time he looked at me I just try to remember what he did then think about how much I don't want to be with him anymore. 

"Aren't the clouds nice?" His voice was shaky, but I look in his green eyes. "I guess.." I say and continue to read the last chapters of The Hunger Games. 

"That's all you have to fucking say?" I finally break, he takes the headphones out of his ears and look at me. "I don't think an apology can fix what I've done.." He quietly says and I feel the tears flowing in my eyes.

"But even after doing that to me you fucking ask me if the clouds look nice?! You're sick, and I hate you Michael." I look out of the window and try not to cry, not here Daniella. It wasn't fair, to me atleast. I didn't deserve to be played this way. What if Austin was the good guy? Austin could've been someone who really liked me and cared about me while you just fucking used me for drugs and money. "What the fuck did you just say?" 

I just said that out loud? "You heard me Michael." I didn't know I said it out loud, but he deserved to hear it. "Do you fucking realize I didn't use you, I did like you and tried my fucking hardest  to protect you from that bitch but if you wanna crawl back to him go ahead, don't expect me to fucking help you anymore." 

Those were the last words he said to me before I went home and greeted family members on Thanksgiving. 

I barely ate, I just went straight to bed and cried the whole night. This isn't how I planned on ending a relationship, a first relationship. Thinking about how I felt when Michael admitted that he liked me, and when he held me in his arms when I was scared, when he held me on his shoulder when I was hurt, when we kissed for the first time and he pretended it was nothing, when he threw flour in my face when we attempted to cook, when he said nobody makes him feel this way.. the feelings were gone, probably. 

*Michael's POV

It's been three days without talking to her, 3 days of not getting out of bed. What was the point of getting out of bed if she's not here? I know what I did was fucked up and I'll say it one hundred more times, but if it wasn't for me then she'd still be there. That money I put on Luke's table was for Daniella, to help pay a little for her new house. I wanted her to move in with me to a new house, but it's all too late now.. 

Day four was just fucking awful. Andrew stopped by to play the XBox but I turned him down, I looked like complete shit and I didn't want to look at a spitting image of the girl I fucking love. I didn't eat anything at all, just an apple.

*Daniella's POV

It's been five days without even going outside, the only thing I've been doing is late work and crying. Knowing I have school tomorrow makes me cry even more, should I stay home?, or go because I've already missed enough days..? Andrew told me he saw Michael yesterday and he looked like complete shit. I did too, was he staying at home all day like me? My mom has been getting more drunk, she hit me after everyone left the Thanksgiving party, but otherwise I've been in my room ever since. 

*Michael's POV

The fifth day was when I broke in, I cried like a little bitch. I just couldn't stop.

I woke up in the morning and looked out of the window, I saw her getting the mail and we made eye contact. I can tell she's been inside all week. I broke my lamp and just cried, for hours. I need her back, I wanted her to make me a better person, and a better boyfriend. I tried to call her but she wouldn't answer, I continued to call her but there was no use. No answer. Did she not love me anymore? Did she cry like how I did? Has she even eaten? She's been getting awful skinny... I hope she isn't trying to fucking starve herself.. 

*Daniella's POV

I finally decide to go to school just to get my work done, I'll just ignore him, even more seats if he tries to talk to me. I take a shower and wear everything natural; then wear a large sweater with jeans and my combat boots. I didn't have time to eat, or to even say goodbye to my mom. 

I wasn't sure if Michael was outside his house getting into the car like I was,I just couldn't turn my head. 

As I drive I nearly hit a car because I wasn't paying attention, my mind was on the sad music by The Script. I pull into the front of the school and look around seeing the happy people. I see Amanda and she waves at me, then comes to me.

"Long time no see!" She squeals and I manage to pull of my fake smile. "Yeah, we should catch up." Her long brown hair was curled and her tan skin was getting lighter.

 We talk about catching up as we walk into homeroom, as we do that I pray Michael either moved his seat back to the back or atleast isn't here today. 

"Are you okay?" Amanda says when we sit down. "You don't look so good today.." She adds. "Yeah. I'm fine." 

Class starts and I here a banging on the door. Michael walks in as the door opens and he looked like complete shit, just like me. He sit's beside me and Amanda gives me a worried look as I slam my book shut. I wish I could just tell her what he did to me. 

I continue to read my book and complete the worksheet but I feel his eyes on me. I turn to him and his eyes flutter as the turns his head back to the empty desk. I couldn't take it anymore, I get up without even asking and rush to the bathroom, or atleast anywhere away from class. 

As I begin to cry I sit on the edge of the empty hallway bench. I feel my hair get stuck to my cheeks as the tears make it damp. I just wanted him to sit beside me with his hand rubbing my back, and wiping my tears while making everything okay. I just wanted to hug him without feeling like he's doing something behind my back. 

"I'll always protect you, even if we aren't together, or if we're miles away I'll be there, beside you." 

Those words hit me, because I honestly thought he meant them. I thought he'd be beside me right now doing what he promised he'd do. Protect me. 

Hey! I know my chapters have been a bit sloppy, and short.. but I'ts been rough for me at school, I'm sorry. I just wanted to let you guys know that the reason I don't update everyday is because I try my best to make the chapters good, even if it's short. So please Vote/Comment/Share and I hope you enjoy this chapter :D