Chapter Five (5)

Playing With Fire

Chapter Five

---Sokka's POV--

Once again, I'm tossing and turning in my sleeping bag, unable to find any sort of sleep. My only thoughts are about Zuko. Every time I close my eyes, he is there, with his messy black hair that fell on his golden eyes playfully, his breathtaking smile, his fit body. And I can't stop but feel guilty for having such thoughts for a guy but at the same time ... I like it ... kind of ...

I sighed deeply and rubbed my restless eyes. I got up and put on my leather boots, then wore my hair on my usual ponytail. I exited the tent and took a look around our camp. The fire was still burning even though everybody seemed to be asleep.

Occupied in my thoughts, I decided to take a stroll around the camp. I walked on a hill some metres away from the tents, which was full of cherry trees, dancing in the rhythm of the night breeze.  Once again, I looked up and I saw a dark shilouette standing still and gazing the moon.

A familiar shilouette.

Too damn familiar.

Can this deja vu thing stop at least?

Why is he here? Why does he always have to find himself around me? It would be so awkward to meet him now, I mean, how am I supposed to talk to him after what ... he did to me this morning?

To be honest, for some reason, I wanted to see him, his face, I liked the sensation of his hands on me, even though it is damn wrong.  So, my feet followed my heart and my stupidity and led me next to him.

"Err..h-hi Zuko" I awkwardly muttered. He turned around and I noticed a faint smile on his face when he looked at me.

"Oh, hey Sokka" he replied " I didn't know you liked night strolls" he said.

"Neither did I" I said a little harshly

"Suki is mad at you" he informed me, not even bothering to look at me when talking.

"I know" I angrily replied

I don't want to talk about her when I'm with you.

"Why are you ignoring her?"  Zuko asked, out of curiousity or just because he wanted to annoy me. One thing I know for sure. He likes playing with my feelings..he likes to .. tease me.

"Just stop talking about her already! I..she really drives me crazy sometimes, so just forget about her" I loudly said, surprising myself at the harshness of my voice. Zuko turned to look at me. His eyes widen and then he raised an eyebrow, just as surprised as I was. He then looked back at the moon and let out a small, quiet sigh.

"Then..Yue? She was your girlfriend right? You told me about her while going to the Boiling Rock." Zuko said and I looked at him, with my brows furrowed and a confused look on my face.

What. What does Yue have to do with all this?

"Why are you even bringing her up? Yue is gone you know. I think I informed you about that." I coldly said, trying to fight back the tears that started to appear in my eyes by the hearing of her name. 

"Yes, you di-"

"Then stop talking about her. I don't want to talk about Yue, or Suki or any other girl." I said "Not when I'm with you

My eyes widen as I realised what I just had blurted. I quickly shut my mouth closed with my hands, like I had blurted out my darkest secret. Maybe I had. Damn it, I can't believe I said that out loud! Fuck!