Chapter Six (6)

Playing With Fire

Chapter Six

--Sokka's POV---

The next morning, I woke up in the sound of angry voices. I tried to ignore them, but it was no use. I sighed deeply and got dressed, then exited my tent as fast as I could to see what was going on outside.

Katara, Zuko and Aang were arguing about something. Katara was looking at Aang pissed and I wondered how could anyone fight or get mad at Aang. Zuko was standing next to my sister with his arms crossed on his chest and was silently listening to them arguing. Aang looked looked annoyed, not pissed, just slighlty annoyed -I mean seriously, can Aang be mad at anyone?

"What is wrong guys, I could hear you fighting from my tent!" I said but only received death glares as an answer. Except for Zuko, who gave me a shy smile that made my cheeks turn red. Katara gave me the scarier glare. Brr, Katara can be so scary sometimes, for real.

"Your sister ... she wants to get revenge ..." Aang muttered

"Revenge? From who may I ask?" I replied, staring at my sister impantiently.

"From the man who took away and killed your mother." Zuko said, staring straight at my eyes.

"Huh?" I exclaimed confused and looked at Katara with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Isn't it the right thing to do Sokka? We suffered. He made us suffer. We didn't deserve this. Mom didn't deserve it. He needs to pay." Katara spoke , looking dead serious.

Now, that ... was scary. Do you believe me now when I say that she terrifies me?

"Revenge is not the solution, Katara. It's not gonna make you feel less hurt" Aang said but my sister stared at him not so persuaded and chuckled.

"And forgiving is? Is forgiveness going to make me feel any better?" she said and raised an eyebrow.

Poor poor Aang ...

"Of course it is! Is it really worth it Katara? Is it worth it to waste your time on a man that will one day pay for what he did with Karma?" Aang spoke, determined to not back down or give up on his arguements.

"Oh come on Aang, don't start with these "peaceful" shit of yours. They took her away from us. They destroyed our family. Our lives."

"But what is revenge gonna give you? Relief?" Aang insisted

"Look Aang, I don't wanna argue. I'm going with Zuko whether you like it or not!" Katara said loudly and stared at the avatar with a serious look.

"Huh? What does Zuko has to do with all these?" I wondered confused. Okay, my sister is officially crazy. But why is she troubling Zuko in her stupid decisions??

"Zuko told me he would help me" Katara looked at him and the prince nodded his head in agreement.

Okay. Fine Zuko. Last night with me, today my sister. Well played mr.Flame. Go on. Play around.

"Do what you want Katara, I'm done with this" I said maybe a little angrier than I should have said "I'm with Aang. Is there really any use of getting revenge after years of this? We're together now and that's all that matters" I said in a serious tone. Katara, Zuko and Aang looked at me surprised. Maybe it's the first time that I'm saying something mature and serious after all.

Aang glared at me, his lips a straight line and nodded his head, agreeing with my words.

"I was in pain for all those years Sokka. It's time for me to overwhelm the pain somehow." she looked back at Zuko "Are you coming or what?"